Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICW comes to Dublin! Possible Boards PW meet up?

Options
  • 04-11-2015 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭

ICW owner Mark Dallas announced this morning that he's bringing over the ICW crew in February for a show at the Academy, Dublin. Tickets go on sale Friday at 10 am.

11045469_462741117270442_2405257632372450643_n.jpg?oh=db03af26bc8107e368c82f9fba66bf99&oe=56B6F876

Anyone up for it? Be a good chance for the boards regulars to meet up and have a laugh and sure ICW is always good for a laugh at least.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I love the Father Ted reference!

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Belfast for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

So if I go to Ticket Master in Jervis Street all shall be grand to pick up a few tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭sixfingered

No sign of the Dublin date on ticketmaster. Anyone have any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Just picked up tickets, they were a bit delayed going on sale. €30 for standing tickets seems a bit steep for this but I'm sure it will be a great night. Good to see Big Damo and Paul Tracey announced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Got my tickets in town, hope to see a few of you there now

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Got my tickets in town, hope to see a few of you there now

Rock on, see you there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Got mine for Belfast. Am I right in thinking their shows are all standing? Does Mandela Hall have a balcony? I can't remember, been a while since I was in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Giving this a bit of thought.

EDIT no Im not. Its a sunday :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Does anyone have any idea what the card for this is going to be? I'm due to work that day and am in two minds about whether or not to book it off. Won't be in until 4:30 the day after.

• Advertisement

Grado, Big Damo and Marty Scurrl all confirmed on their FB event page.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

What is Marty Scurrl's gimmick now. Would be aware of him from his time in TNA. He still "party" or what is he at?

Anyone got a run down of ICW's top guys?

Nah he's The Villain. Straight up heel.

Coming up next month, should be a good show.

New confirmations since last posts:

12308485_10154547591485620_7788714972719954852_n.jpg?oh=d0bd534db930fb54e413c01e7c178ce7&oe=5703D5F5&__gda__=1459374896_da628ddae3ad482eac7e3780201066cc

1937224_10154665461185620_4193741906910788619_n.jpg?oh=94b4bdd13217beca29e1a4d28b45084a&oe=57053DF1&__gda__=1459332714_08986c9ab0bbc38b45e8dbce1aec4d0d

11201937_10154540683185620_1711030099563920557_n.jpg?oh=a1b82f4b22d65b8d018bdfd07fa38c4e&oe=572FB5DB&__gda__=1463043866_b356ec85839b4e3cd7ccd76806a194b5

Between this and OTT the night before its a good weekend to head out for wrassling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cianocarroll

I'm 100% going to this show as I'm a huge ICW fan and never had the chance to go to one of their shows before. Just one question.

Would there be any way of meeting the wrestlers before or after the show to get a picture?

Jack Jester and Tron (NI Nightmare) announced.

Really looking forward to this and hopefully a drink or two before hand with a few of you guys!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Jack Jester and Tron (NI Nightmare) announced.

Really looking forward to this and hopefully a drink or two before hand with a few of you guys!
    And now all I can think of is Joe Hendry singing a Vengaboys song about Jack Jester :pac:

If this was on a Friday or Saturday I'd probably head up, but I can't take time off on the Monday that this would need. I saw Scurll wrestle AJ Styles before, he's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I'd love to be going to this. I was meant to see Drew Galloway in Castlebar a couple of years ago but I had car trouble on the way and ended up missing his match on the show. Raging.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

BAAHHH

CbbBD-cXEAEnqfz.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

12717859_10154734710190620_1158467216610220490_n.jpg?oh=49b8b6386850253e95dbb5d465fdaf72&oe=576B18DF&__gda__=1462418966_3752d283c0593e05ce7714de195a71e5

• Advertisement

Sooo gutted this is on the Sunday. Can't take off work on the Monday as I'm at the height of the season workwise. Did a late Sunday this week for Suicidal Tendencies and have been zombie-ish since.

With the talent on the card, a five star show is a certainty. Was going to say surely somebody from ICW will crop up on the OTT show but I forgot about the Belfast date. Anyone fancy the chances of Luther Ward or Paul Tracey having a one-night only on the ICW show? It'd be class.

No idea of the Belfast card yet, other than Big Damo who's a cert. Hope some other people I recognise are on it!

Will be my first show since WCW in '93 at Kings Hall so pumped regardless.

How was the Belfast show?

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Just realising I don't even know when this starts. Doors open at 7. I'm guessing it kicks off at 8? Lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

What did you all think of the show?

I thought was only OK, I'm a fan of Galloway and Scurll usually but the show felt very much like Indy guys putting on a wwe house show level performance.. maybe due to it being a tour. It wasn't a bad or sloppy show by any means but bland compared to the other Indy shows I've been too recently (OTT/wXw/Revpro).

Me too - Had a great time with the lads, first time seeing ICW live. Agreed with it being like a WWE house show; I wasn't sure what to expect, thought it might've been all hardcore wrestling/bloodfests but it was all straight-wrestling (apart from Jack Jester) with some spots out in the crowd.
    • My favourite parts were when the wrestlers would give quick comments after a stiff shot (like "ooh ya bastard!").
    • There was a tron to show video packages/music videos and such which I was impressed with. There was an ad for Scott Steiner Q&A and I was devastated that OSW wasn't promoted underneath the Belfast show. Must be an old ad!!
    • Billy Kirkwood did a great job of warming up the crowd, lots of really funny jokes.
    (Shawn Michaels is what I call my penis, because it doesn't work and has a squinty eye!"
    • There was definitely a good chunk of travelling fans (which I think is pretty incredible) and lots of fans knowing all the chants for each wrestler.
    • My favourites at it was Sha Samuels (the East-End Butcher/lout) and wow, Grado is absolutely bursting with charisma. He acted blown up doing his entrance and said "Grado's f**ked, lads!"
    • Was cool to see Drew Galloway, Noam Dar and Marty Scurll in action for my first time.
    • Wolfgang has an amazing Edge-style long brown goth jacket.
    • I wonder if someone stole Davey Boy (Zero G champion)'s jocks as he was wearing plain adidas shorts!
    • I would've liked at least one (if not both) wrestlers to cut a quick promo to get their characters over, worked a treat with those who did ala Sha Samuels.
    • Was nice to see Mark Dallas out at the end to thank the crowd and swig some Jack!

Going by the vids on Twitter and YT it seems the crowd were far from rabid. Was the place packed?

How was it set up in the academy. Looks like the enterance ramp was tiny.

It was hurt by being on a Sunday night alright but there was always some kind of rabble rabble/chants going on. It wasn't packed; nicely full (about 2/3rds standing room) which meant you could move around and grab a pint! Perfect for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Have to say that, having been to OTT the night before, this one seemed quite tame! I actually felt the standard was lower than what I had seen the previous night and for more than double the price... Still, I enjoyed it as a wrestling fan but did make me appreciate what talent we have on our doorstep here in Ireland at the moment!

• Advertisement

I was at the OTT show on Saturday too. It was super and the atmosphere was electric (as always). Main event was worth the price of admission alone. Osprey was something else. Every OTT night the Brits steal the show with five star matches. They haven't had a "visitor" to their shows yet that has been less than awesome.

Was certainly the busiest I have seen it thus far maybe a bit too packed. For everyone outside the ringside the standup was null/void as the sound was so poor and people at the bar area wouldn't shut up. That said the booking of the Father Ted comics was hilarious. Eoin McLove no selling a low blow because he has no willy- Fr Damo cracking out the whistle and Fr Stone donning the refs shirt to give an extremely slow and boring two count.

Not cribbing but as a regular it is getting a bit hard not to get slightly fatigued from the same characters every month fighting/feuding but I suppose that is how wrestling works.

Luther Ward VS Pete Dunne for the title next month (can see Ward winning it). Ken Kennedy VS Paul Tracy means scrappermania II is a complete must see.

Advertisement