Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get super bock !!

Options
  • 01-03-2012 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭

Anyone know where I can buy Super Bock Portugal beer anywhere around Dublin, Galway, Waterford
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Nice holiday? :p

Have a flick through these threads. They're all we have on it at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Rdwrer

Has anyone got an update on this? Anywhere in Ireland that sells this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Nandos

Thanks. Any off licences or supermarkets that would sell it? I imagine in Nando's it's around €5 a bottle and they probably wouldn't allow me to buy them and take them with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

I've seen it crop up in various offos over the years,usually on special with a glass included.Bocks in general however are not a particularly difficult style of beer to find,most good off licensees will have a selection of at least two or three at any given time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Tesco sell a couple of Bock beers. haven't seen Superbock but maybe similiar

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Last time I saw it anywhere it was in an O'Briens. Don't generally go to O'Briens too much these days so I can't say for sure if they still stock it.

Thanks for the replies. I rang O' Briens a while ago and she said they don't stock it and wouldn't be able to source it.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

I've seen it crop up in various offos over the years,usually on special with a glass included.Bocks in general however are not a particularly difficult style of beer to find,most good off licensees will have a selection of at least two or three at any given time.

I'm pretty sure this wins the award for the most badly named beer ever, as neither words are accurate descriptions for it.

'Not Too Bad in Warm Weather Lager' would be better maybe...

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭billythefish99

Redmonds usually have it, although they have about 500 beers which are better than it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Tesco sell a couple of Bock beers. haven't seen Superbock but maybe similiar

Its not a bock style beer, its Portugals other lager.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Sorry if this is resurrecting an old thread but I bought some bottles of superbock in super value tonight. It's not as good as I remembered from my holls in Portugal but it's nice all the same:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I'd prefer a little more hopps nowadays tho if I'm honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Sorry if this is resurrecting an old thread but I bought some bottles of superbock in super value tonight. It's not as good as I remembered from my holls in Portugal but it's nice all the same:)

You should also try this "super" bock

weihenstephaner-Vitus-bottle-600x600.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

kev1.3s wrote: »

You should also try this "super" bock ;)

weihenstephaner-Vitus-bottle-600x600.jpg

Advertisement