Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 24 - The agony and ecstasy of virtual rugby management

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Not looking forward to playing the qualifier match one little bit ,looks like it could be high voltage or my old buddys men who stare at goats who will face my ageing monivea side .Even with home advantage i will really need to get tactics spot on to have any little chance.:(
    daheff wrote: »
    OI!!!!! It could still be me you're playing....2 of us in the div 2 final ya know....its not a foregone conclusion -just an outside chance!!!

Turns out it's me he's facing. :D

My record against Monivea is pretty poor, nearly 200 points conceded in two games at equal intensity :eek: ..... although that was 12 seasons ago :p

Anyway, good luck Greyhound, although I'm not sure you actually need the bit of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭greyhound1973

Yes well done daheff ,i honestly believe you could beat dreads and claim a division 1 position,maz it should be a good game between monivea and grubber,would nt dwell to much on what happened 12 seasons ago though,you have a good improveing young team where as my fellas are on a sharp decline ,hope i can make it a little competive ;);),best of luck anyway

I'll give it a shot anyway GH!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,898 ✭✭✭daheff

Yes well done daheff ,i honestly believe you could beat dreads and claim a division 1 position,

looking at the teams that have gone up and those that are staying there from last season, i'm not sure I really want to go up :eek: would be a tough season and I'd most likely go straight back down again.

From my experience daheff,it would nt be outrageous to think you could stay up,just dont go for every game and speifically pick out games you possibly might win,its a tactic i used this season in division one and i finished in fifth position ,so my advice is to go for it against ddreads ,you know you can beat them:cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

Relegated from Div 1. Close run thing. Made a balls of two matches by not setting intensity. Going to clear out a few players over the course of the next season.I have a few young lads I'll be throwing sessions at. Going to start up my YA again too, I enjoy that part of the game most.

Anyone got a regular Monday friendly competition? Wouldn't mind getting a bit of IGT next season.

MONIVEA 33 GRUBBER 13
    DDREADS 18 FRONT ROW FAIRIES 42

Well done daheff welcome to division 1,its going to be tough for both of us to stay up next season with some good teams coming up from division 2

Congrats GH. Only got to look there but you had me well beaten. There's always next season though!

Hard luck mar-z ,i reckon if you had home advantage and those two players were nt injured you could have beaten me,still you will definetely be knocking at the door again next season ,keep the chin up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭crisco10

Well played Daheff! Good luck in Div 1!

Only getting back online now really; was away in a African bush with no wifi/mobile signal/electricity for last 10 days, so had set up my semi team and put my default to come in for the final or 3rd place playoff.

I actually got mobile coverage briefly at around 2:40 on Saturday and was happy to see 10-0 just clocking up. But I wasn't surprised to see your guys came back when I got looking at the result. No injuries or anything on my side so can have no complaints about luck. Fairplay and enjoy the challenges of next season. We will miss you in Div 2.1

I am however raging that twice in two seasons now, I have started strongly and gone on to lose in the playoffs. (Monivea in semi last year, and this years final)

Advertisement