Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Crashed car- what should i do?

Options
  • 11-02-2008 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

I crashed my car a few weeks ago.The insurance said its best if we fix our own.I paid €4700 for the car, it will cost €2000 to fix the chassis or axel damage im not sure which?Would it stil be dangerous to drive after being fixed?What would ye do?I dont have much money.Should i buy a cheap auld banger or try and fix this??:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭patrickc

stainluss wrote: »
    I crashed my car a few weeks ago.The insurance said its best if we fix our own.I paid €4700 for the car, it will cost €2000 to fix the chassis or axel damage im not sure which?Would it stil be dangerous to drive after being fixed?What would ye do?I dont have much money.Should i buy a cheap auld banger or try and fix this??:D

obviously your NCB is not protected?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

You would be amazed at just what they can do now days. I have seen cars that have been rolled and fixed up to showroom standard.
    It is really a decision for you to make.
    If the garage is reputable, and you think they will do the job well, my advice is to fix the car. Ask to see previous work done by the garage. If you are in any doubt that the work will only be a half hearted effort, walk away.
    You should be guarenteed that the car will be in perfect condition. Why else would you fix it?
    If they cannot guarentee their own work.....well enough said.
    I just got a car back from a panel beater after it was rear ended. Just amazing quality of work and the car is straighter than it ever was. He explained to me that people are just lazy and will not take the time to fix cars anymore.

Advertisement