Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Registering a car-proof of residence?

Options
  • 11-02-2008 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭

Hi

Am in the process of buying a car in the UK and hope to register in Ireland in the next few weeks.

Would prefer a Dublin reg, only for the reason that they seem to be easier to sell (this wouldn't be for a few years anyway-I am buying the car for my own use, not for resale).

If I am able to supply VRO with a valid Dublin address (e.g. my sister's address), will they ask me for any proof that I actually live there?

The plan is to do this and then change the registered owner's address in the next few weeks.

Any problems with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

Not in my experience, generally just forward the paperwork to that address.

Advertisement