Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

My Friend's Car Was Stolen

Options
  • 09-02-2008 2:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Anybody Who Will Come Across This Car Please Let Me Know Or Let Garda Know.

It Is A Sad Story. My Friend Is Supposed To Leave The Country By The End Of This Month And Their Car Was Stolen When They Were Visiting Another Family.

If It Comes To Your Sight, Please , Please Help .... make opel

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,392 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

hardly stolen without keys was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mbkuruvilla

key...please edit the thread from your side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

They had better say that they must have fell on the footpath as it is an offence to leavethe keys in the igniton and the insurance company will act up too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

slideways wrote: »
    They had better say that they must have fell on the footpath as it is an offence to leavethe keys in the igniton and the insurance company will act up too
    Agreed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I've no idea what investigations the Gardai or insurance companies do.
    But in a few days they might google the reg to see if someone is dumb enough to try to sell it on a website.
    They may find this thread and find out keys were left in the ignition.

I'm not saying you have to edit your post OP. I'm just highlighting that boards pages are often found in google searches so don't be suprised if the insurance company find out

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Leaving keys in your car in Cabra :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Leaving keys in your car in Cabra :rolleyes:
    So where is it safe to leave your keys in the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

In the ignition with you in the drivers seat and the doors locked and moving :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

And the insurance company would be well within their rights.

Sorry to be harsh but if they really were stupid enough to leave keys in the ignition I'd have so sympathy....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

kbannon wrote: »

Well nowhere but there is a hell of alot of joy riding in the area thats a fact witnessed three burnt out cars in one night in my friends estate. Of course this can happen anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 AE86girl

Have to agree,if your that much of an idiot to leave your keys in your car when you go sit in someones house,for god knows how long,then you deserve to get your car stolen for being so flipping stupid...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

AE86girl wrote: »
    Have to agree,if your that much of an idiot to leave your keys in your car when you go sit in someones house,for god knows how long,then you deserve to get your car stolen for being so flipping stupid...:mad:
    Welcome to Boards, nice first post! :rolleyes: Read the charter for each forum before you post in it. You came close to 'personal abuse' here and could have been banned if the OP was not posting about a friend.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Jrad

esel wrote: »
    Welcome to Boards, nice first post! :rolleyes: Read the charter for each forum before you post in it. You came close to 'personal abuse' here and could have been banned if the OP was not posting about a friend.

You a mod? Shes right though! Leave keys in car = Not smart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

I never ever take the keys out of the car where I live.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Yeah, cause culchies don't rob cars, they rob tractors. Ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 AE86girl

esel wrote: »

So ban me for speaking the truth,im sorry but it was a really stupid thing to do & you know it as well as the rest of us does. They were at someone elses house so they cant trust strange people in an area that they dont live in.Anyone with a bit of common sense should know to take your keys out of the car..!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

but what has it got to do with the thread. The OP asked for people to watch out for the car and you (and a few other posters) swam in with abuse.

becoming a trend on the Motors forum unfortunately...

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭catyb20

i was actually surprised to find out recently that in the case of one particular insurance company, if you say for example have a party in your house and leave your keys on the table - if someone steals your car this insurance company will not cover it! even though the keys were in your home!

i couldnt believe this!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I know my grandad still leaves them in the car outside his house; I guess it's a habit he never changed. In rural settings you will still find people do it.
    quarryman wrote: »
    but what has it got to do with the thread. The OP asked for people to watch out for the car and you (and a few other posters) swam in with abuse.
    Well, it's a bit hard to watch out for it now the OP has been edited. The abuse is understandable. Premiums++

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

So all we know is it's some kind of Opel that won't look damaged from the theft....

Great...I saw about 40 Opels on the way to work this morning:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement