Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG GPad (Google Play Edition) for €178 delivered.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

If they deliver through USPS then perhaps not, if by UPS/DHL etc then definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

According to the checkout page, for European orders they use "Worldwide Express". They seem to be a partner of UPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

What would import charges come in at if they applied?

Would the €178 + import charges still come in at less than the €244 expansys.ie are charging?

Not sure about the cost - but the expansys.ie one is the actual LG version - with the LG version of android.

The one from the US site is the "Google Play Edition". This only runs plain android which I prefer. Also, some reviews say the GPE version runs smother.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Ron DMC wrote: »

Would the €178 + import charges still come in at less than the €244 expansys.ie are charging?

€40.71 according to this - http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation/

but the shipper will add €10 or more admin fee to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Ron DMC wrote: »

Using the calculator here

http://www.goodada.com/ie/customs-import-and-export-duty-calculator

Cost of product and import:€177.00
    Import duty:€0.00
    Sales tax:€40.71
    Any additional taxes:€0.00
    Total import duty & taxes:€40.71
    Cost of product & import incl import duty & taxes:€217.71

• Registered Users Posts: 17,074 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Very good tablet this - I bought two as presents earlier in the year - both recipients highly pleased.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Got one from Asda a while back, great tablet. The size is JUST off for me, if it was 8'0, perfect. 8'3 is too big for one handed usage.
    With my hands anyway!

GrumPy wrote: »
    Got one from Asda a while back, great tablet. The size is JUST off for me, if it was 8'0, perfect. 8'3 is too big for one handed usage.
    With my hands anyway!

Hey - did you get LG's version (with their own user interface) or the Google Play Edition? Did you find it laggy or the touchscreen unresponsive at times?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

GrumPy wrote: »
    With my hands anyway!

fap-now-power.jpg

• Advertisement

After a bit of research I found something that might be of interest. Apparently, with the latest Android 4.4 (KitKat), Google have restricted use of a micro-SD card so that you can only READ from it. Therefore you could load movies, music etc. onto it via your laptop, and view them on your tablet. However you cannot copy to or delete files from the card via the tablet, and any app that downloads and saves data (most of them!) could not save to the card either. Given that this is pure android software, the restriction would apply here, but I'm sure you could get around it by rooting the device (which I'd rather not do)

The LG version of android would have it's own file manager app - which probably would have write access to the card (even when LG updates it's own version to 4.4). So now I'm thinking the LG version might be a better bet!

Will check further for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

ripcord wrote: »
    Hey - did you get LG's version (with their own user interface) or the Google Play Edition? Did you find it laggy or the touchscreen unresponsive at times?

Thanks.

Asda only sold the LG version when they had it on offer. It's fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭south

I've the Google play version. I don't find it laggy at all. I have noticed one or two white dots on the screen from time to time but they go unnoticed most of the time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Looking for a new tablet for school and very very tempted.

I've gone off the idea of buying it from Expansys US as it might be hassle to bring it back if there are any issues.

Amazon have it for £199 with free super-saver delivery to here.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-Pad-8-3-inch-Tablet-Processor/dp/B00G47TMNE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1408713898&sr=8-2&keywords=lg+gpad+8.3+tablet

Asda have it for £199 but if you use the code TABLET10 you get 10% off which brings it to £179. + £3 for postage and then €4 for parcel motel to Ireland.

http://direct.asda.com/LG-G-Pad-8.3-(V500)---16-GB---8.3-in.---Black/000519052,default,pd.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

mine arrived yesterday. Ended up costing €188 and very happy with it so far.

McG wrote: »

How long were you waiting for delivery? Half tempted to return my one from amazon and get this instead! Also, If it breaks, can LG repair it here?

McG wrote: »

Just got an email saying that because my Paypal delivery address isn't verified, I need to send them copies of a recent bill and my passport/driving license!

Did you get this?

Advertisement