Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Halls personal statement

• 17-08-2014 12:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi guys, as you know offers are out tomorrow. I'm working until 4 O Clock and was just wondering is it safe to fill out the application form them or should I do it sooner rather than later? Is it first come first served? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

No, it's not first come first served. In fact you probably wont even be able to do it tomorrow after you accept your CAO offer. You need your Trinity student number before you can apply for a room in Halls. This won't come out until a few days after the offer, and may even be next week. The deadline isn't for a while, but i dont know the exact deadline date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭LauraaWhelann

No, it's not first come first served. In fact you probably wont even be able to do it tomorrow after you accept your CAO offer. You need your Trinity student number before you can apply for a room in Halls. This won't come out until a few days after the offer, and may even be next week. The deadline isn't for a while, but i dont know the exact deadline date

okay thank you! Have you stayed in halls? Is it mixed gender?

okay thank you! Have you stayed in halls? Is it mixed gender?

Yeah last year and again this year. It can be, there's a part where you say if you want to be in a mixed gender apartment. But I only knew of one apartment last year with both men and women

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭LauraaWhelann

Yeah last year and again this year. It can be, there's a part where you say if you want to be in a mixed gender apartment. But I only knew of one apartment last year with both men and women

Okay thanks! I would prefer to be in mixed but heard something about never having mixed apartments in first year?

Okay thanks! I would prefer to be in mixed but heard something about never having mixed apartments in first year?

Don't know about it not being allowed. Sure tick that you don't mind a mixed gender apartment, and it may or may not happen no need to be wishing or worrying about it. With the way things are in Halls at times being in the same apartment might only mean you'll see them at cooking times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Yeah, there was only one mixed apartment in Halls this year, but its not as if boys and girls stick to themselves or anything. Usually you'll have a floor of lads beneath/above a floor of girls so you'll meet plenty that way.

Advertisement