Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRV final checklist / questions

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭jakko86

Ya the agent came and balanced the system with a machine he said the machine is running at 50% it's mainly the first vent off the machine is very loud but the first extract is closer again to the machine but no noise at all. Agent that sold me system said my duct is too direct that I shoud have put 3/4 90 bends before that vent!!
    fclauson wrote: »
    Have you balanced the system using an airflow meter ?

Sounds to me you should close down the upstairs vents a lot to push the air downstairs

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭touchdown77

fclauson wrote: »
    I use a piece of "bounce" or similar tumble drier anti static sheet (the ones you put into the drier for each tumble) - and swap it around every 3 months - does a great job as an initial filter into the HRV from the space near the tumble dryer.

I'm about to start up our HRV system in our new house, the painters are nearly finished and cleaning due to start in next few days.

Would you recommend bounce sheets in every extract vent for the first few weeks until the dust settles?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭fclauson

Now I am no expert but it would seem a good idea.

Obviously you would need to remove them to balance the system

Advertisement