Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Halls Essay

Options
  • 17-08-2014 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

The offers are out tomorrow as everyone knows and with that comes the scramble for places at Trinity Halls. I am an undergraduate student and wish to pre-write my essay for my application into Trinity Halls today.

Seeing as I have no Student ID number as of yet, I have no idea what the application form looks like, only that you need to write a personal statement about why they should accept you.

Could anyone with recent past experience of this application process please let me know what I should write about, what the form looks like, how much I need to write, and anything else they can suggest?

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

There will be one part asking you which type of room you would prefer. It also asks if you would be willing to accept any room, and if you wouldn't mind an inter gender apartment.

You then give your personal statement, which has a limit of 1800 characters, not words, characters. Write up your statement in Word, and there will be a way to see how many characters there is.

Say where you're from, this is one of the most important factors as to whether you will get a place. Give plenty of information about yourself, and why you would be perfect as a resident in Halls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Badger_spot

When does the application for hall close?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

Tomorrow, I think

• Registered Users Posts: 11 recoil_money

5 p.m. tomorrow (today even), 21st August.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭RedMickeyMouse

5 p.m. tomorrow (today even), 21st August.

Just finished mine there, nervy stuff, it'll be a long commute from cork if I don't make it in :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 recoil_money

Just finished mine there, nervy stuff, it'll be a long commute from cork if I don't make it in :pac:

Haha same boat bud. Bus journeys from Galway at 6 in the morning don't sound attractive.

Have to send mine out tomorrow, what am I like... :L Thankfully have the rough draft saved.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭RedMickeyMouse

Haha same boat bud. Bus journeys from Galway at 6 in the morning don't sound attractive.

Have to send mine out tomorrow, what am I like... :L Thankfully have the rough draft saved.
    Drafted mine too haha, 1800 on the dot!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Sheep95

Anyone know when the offers for accomadation are out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

A list of student numbers was posted on the warden's page on tuesday, emails went out friday!

Advertisement