Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pork belly,skin on or off

Options
  • 02-08-2014 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭

I like my crackling as much as the next guy(maybe more) but I've a piece of pork here that's about to be dry rubbed and then cooked on the grill Tomorrow.
    Now it's not gonna have time for a long long slow grill , so I'll either have to cook it sous vide (ish) or just slice it thin and just grill it , either way I reckon the skins gonna be a pain .....so take it off before I marinade ?????

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Could you cook it tonight in the oven. Press it in the fridge overnight, then slice it before putting it under the grill tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

What time are you serving it? I'd make the time for a slow cooking, cut the skin off now, pop the meat in for 8 hours on low (80 degrees?) and the skin into the fridge with a salt/spices on, then grill it separate when serving. Best of both worlds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭Markcheese

OldBean wrote: »
    What time are you serving it? I'd make the time for a slow cooking, cut the skin off now, pop the meat in for 8 hours on low (80 degrees?) and the skin into the fridge with a salt/spices on, then grill it separate when serving. Best of both worlds.

Like that idea, but I ain't putting the oven on tonight... It's not my barbecue
    I'm just a guest and am gonna be out all
    day before going , so not gonna have
    chance to pre cook .. So I'll do the pork and the skin as separate dishes.. And just stick then in a cool box..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Advertisement