Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tough Enough thread

• 07-05-2015 9:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭

Not to excited to see Jericho or Paige involved, but pleased to get Bryan back on our screens.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jericho is to take the role of host.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Although Paige's family has been in the business for years, don't think she's qualified to be a judge herself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Is Daniel Bryan only there to show rookies how not to get injured? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

So Austin is not back??.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Lita as a trainer? I know the girl was popular but she's probably not the right person to judge ring prowess. Michelle McCool would have been a better choice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Well, a lot of it is going to be her retelling the story of her trip to Mexico to the young wans....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,579 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lita as a trainer? I know the girl was popular but she's probably not the right person to judge ring prowess. Michelle McCool would have been a better choice

One of best female wrestlers ever as a trainer, very good choice imo

I'd just like to clarify that I think it's a great choice, even if I did seem like I was joking there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

– WWE and USA Network have revealed the forty finalists for WWE Tough Enough. The names were announced on WWEToughEnough.com and there will be a look at them tonight on WWE Raw.

The finalists are set to advance to a Tough Enough Mini-Camp taking place at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando from Wednesday through Friday, which will culminate with the announcement of the final thirteen contestants. The mini-camp will be part of a WWE Network exclusive Tough Enough Competition Special, airing on June 16th at 8 PM ET. Tough Enough premieres on the USA Network on June 23rd at 8 PM ET/PT.

The full list of names is below:

* Adam Ohriner, Long Island, N.Y.
    * Alexander Frekey, Dallas
    * Alexander Galizia, Springfield, Mass.
    * Amanda Saccomanno, Yorktown Heights, N.Y.
    * Ashley Urbanski, Oakland, Calif.
    * Ava Knight-Salicka, Las Vegas
    * Carly Marshall, Los Angeles
    * Chelsea Green, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
    * Danielle Kamela, Scottsdale, Ariz.
    * Daria Berenato, Los Angeles
    * David Michael Barnes, Mandan, N.J.
    * Dianna Dahlgren, Spokane, Wash.
    * Don Arner, Pittsburgh
    * Gabi Castrovinci, Southington, Conn.
    * Giorgia Piscina, Brisbane, Australia
    * Hank Avery Jr., Macon, Ga.
    * Jason Vazquez, Oak Lawn, Ill.
    * Jeremiah Kingdom, Los Angeles
    * Joshua Bredl, Thornton, Colo.
    * Kahlil Bell, San Jose, Calif.
    * Kevin Penczek, Belle, W.V.
    * Krishany San Jorge, Puerto Rico
    * LaRayia Gaston, Los Angeles
    * Lorenzo Davis II, Los Angeles
    * Mada Abdel Hamid, Los Angeles
    * Michael Mio, Staten Island, N.Y.
    * Mike Hayes, Louisville, Ken.
    * Nehemiah Kingdom, Los Angeles
    * Nicholas Cuffari, Lakewood, Okla.
    * Patrick Clark, Washington, D.C.
    * Philip Guilford, Atlantic City, N.J.
    * Samantha Sage, Los Angeles
    * Sara Bettencourt, San Jose, Calif.
    * Sara Lee, Hope, Mich.
    * Stephen Tezanos-Pinto, Sacramento, Calif.
    * Tanner Saraceno, Boiling Springs, S.C.
    * Tommaso Giannuzzi, Germany
    * Vinny Tortorella, Staten Island, N.Y.
    * Zach Boss, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    * Zamariah “ZZ” Loupe, Bayou Bluff, La.

There's a lot of butthurt online as they didn't pick any indie names instead bodybuilders and fitness models. The only indie Wrestlers to my understand as Adam Ohriner (Zack Ryder's mare the Big O), Mike Hayes from OVW a war veteran with one leg and Chelsea Green a Lance Storm student who played Daniel Bryan physical therapist.

Casey's website has pictures and the backgrounds of most of the female entrants:
    http://squaredcirclesirens.com/the-female-finalists-for-wwe-tough-enough-revealed/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Big O for the win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

ricero wrote: »
    Big O for the win

I was wondering if that was him when I saw Raw this week (I only half watch Raw when im in work so I couldn't be sure)

Will his Ryder connection help/hinder him?!

I was wondering if that was him when I saw Raw this week (I only half watch Raw when im in work so I couldn't be sure)

Will his Ryder connection help/hinder him?!

Don't know but they aren't running away from it:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Good to see they didn't go with indy wrestlers in the main, tough enough is supposed to be about people not experienced at wrestling, its good fun to see people learning, be aweful, improve, etc.

Indy guys get signed all the time now anyway so the people picked are more true to the original idea

There's actually four indie Wresters:

shotzi-200x300@2x.jpg
    Ashley is a California based independent wrestler and valet known as Shotzi Blackheart who mostly wrestles for AWS in California. She is also a very successful alternative model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

Well it be shown over here or just the wwe network.

So Much for Big O! :(

Looks like the show will be available on Youtube for those who don't have it on local TV - good idea!

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0620/596435/wwe-tough-enough-to-air-on-youtube-for-other-fans-around-the/

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

I am not a fan of this new format at all it feels very clunky and rushed. The show being live actually takes away from it in my opinion. They really should only announce the bottom three tonight and leave voting open until the end of next week's show then eliminate someone, then again announce the next bottom three etc and the last 10 minutes or so of the show should be the only live aspect of it.

Voting only being open for three minutes, to eliminate someone after only viewing 25 minutes (if even) of highlights doesn't make sense to me, don't even know anyone enough to vote on anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Watched it live on YouTube, Chris Jericho looks dreadful his eyebrows look drawn on and his face looks like it's melting.
    ZZ gets the sympathy vote to stay in, not impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

This show has such an obnoxiously overbearing score.

This show has such an obnoxiously overbearing score.

I was thinking the very same thing - it just doesn't fit with whats going on!

Thank god they kept Jericho to a minimum - the man just irritates me now!

The Miz of all people actually came across great on the talk show. Quick witted and charismatic host.

Jericho's eyebrows/botoxed face:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

He looks like a poor mans Jon Bon Jovi or a bad wax work of Christian Slater.

Wont be long before hes all Joan Rivers esque.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Yeah after watching the first episode I;m not a fan of the new format, preferred the way they did it for SCSA tough enough.

tbh I don't think Jericho is necessary at all and they could just have Renee doing his role. Not a fan of the 5 mins to vote on twitter part, ok great it's live but I'd agree with the person suggesting giving the public the week to vote would be better if you really have to go the whole Big Brother public vote route. It'll probably be better in a later episode too with the whole tweet to save your choice aspect because in ep 1
    ZZ was obviously going to be saved as he showed personality while the others didn't, this being despite the fact that he was clearly the worst in all their tasks.

I get the feeling there might be some flubbing of lines with the live segments too for instance Jericho called out the wrong name for a guy in the final 3 iirc and Hulk Hogan live could be interesting (although I fear his comments will be by far the least interesting). Along with him are Paige who I really like but perhaps is a little young for her role here. I'm sure thats kinda the idea but Trish just fit better last time for me. Plus if it was more like the format of last time you could see D.Bryan giving in ring advice but instead now he seems like he will be confined to being a Judge cos they wanna cram as many WWE personalities as possible into this.

so much moaning and yet i'll probably watch every episode... must be a WWE show :pac:

The show did a .87 rating, worse than any of the episodes from the last season a few years back. I'm sorry, I don't mean to be a moan but as someone who studies media production it is a truly awful show to watch judging on the first episode alone.

They're gonna need to cop on fast and quick before USA drops it a few episodes in. I almost feel like they should have made it a Network exclusive. Both the Tough Talk post show and the final cut show they showed on the Network were leaps and bounds beyond the first actual episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

If it helps, it was supposed to be a Network exclusive but they were able to get USA Network to bite. I think also little things like their house being a shack point towards this being an on-the-cheap program. 0.87 is pretty abysmal, it wasn't particularly great but I'll keep watching :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Guys is the show on YouTube, on the official channel? Or through ahem.... Other means

• Advertisement

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Guys is the show on YouTube, on the official channel? Or through ahem.... Other means

it's on youtube for anyone outside of USA (and other countries that have the show on tv)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

jaykhunter wrote: »
    If it helps, it was supposed to be a Network exclusive but they were able to get USA Network to bite. I think also little things like their house being a shack point towards this being an on-the-cheap program. 0.87 is pretty abysmal, it wasn't particularly great but I'll keep watching :)

Thats the spirit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

lol, people wanting to be wrestlers is always a great pitch to wrestling fans. It's a shame it was delayed and delayed, and Austin ended up dropping out. Jericho's botox smile is a real downgrade. Also, 42 minutes is much more digestible than Raw! Hopefully we get more time with the judges, the 7-minute Austin promo at the end of each week was the highlight of last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

jaykhunter wrote: »
    lol, people wanting to be wrestlers is always a great pitch to wrestling fans. It's a shame it was delayed and delayed, and Austin ended up dropping out. Jericho's botox smile is a real downgrade. Also, 42 minutes is much more digestible than Raw! Hopefully we get more time with the judges, the 7-minute Austin promo at the end of each week was the highlight of last season.

God I miss Power Slam's hate filled put downs at him :(
    A for effort tho :p

Headgear is a big change from the 1st Season of Tough Enough:
    https://twitter.com/WWE/status/614143521159823360

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I can;t seem to find the first episode on YouTube - is it just broadcast live and that's it then - no on demand video?

• Advertisement

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I can;t seem to find the first episode on YouTube - is it just broadcast live and that's it then - no on demand video?

Correct. So useless. Wish they aired a replay at 8 or 9pm our time the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Not a fan of the format and the irritating background music. Too much live studio guff and not enough footage of training/challenges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Couldn't get past 10 minutes, what has happened to Jericho? Yeti lad will win.

Couldn't get past 10 minutes, what has happened to Jericho? Yeti lad will win.
    I'd say he thinks he's older than he is, he looked dreadful.

I'd like to change my username please.

• Advertisement

Botoxaholic?

Corporatelinetowingaholic

In fairness to Chris Jericho, he's one of the few to make actual business outside of wrestling.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The miz is brilliant as the tough talk host. Tough Talk was actually better than tough enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Jasus Chris Jericho's face looks like its made of rubber

I'm pleased with the way it went tonight anyway. The longer the women stay in it the better.

Can't hack Tough Enough but I really enjoyed Tough Talk. The background music on Tough Enough did my head in. Really impressed with Miz on Tough Talk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Absolute kack. Want that half hour of my life back before I turned it off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

rovert wrote: »
    Can't hack Tough Enough but I really enjoyed Tough Talk. The background music on Tough Enough did my head in. Really impressed with Miz on Tough Talk.

John Pollock is that you?

Haven't seen the second episode yet, I'd watch it now but my internet is pish at the moment. How come the ratings are so poor?

• Advertisement
Advertisement