Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The History Show

Options
  • 11-01-2015 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭

I listen to this programme a lot although usually, I prefer Newstalk's "Talking History" show. Myles annoys me as he comes across to me as a bit of a know-it-all. However, I thought that tonight's programme was interesting. I really liked the section with Dr. Rhona Mahony-She was a great contributor on the history of birth. I also liked the guy from the Rubberbandits interaction with Tim Pat Coogan. Anyone else catch the show?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭touts

honeybear wrote: »
    I listen to this programme a lot although usually, I prefer Newstalk's "Talking History" show. Myles annoys me as he comes across to me as a bit of a know-it-all. However, I thought that tonight's programme was interesting. I really liked the section with Dr. Rhona Mahony-She was a great contributor on the history of birth. I also liked the guy from the Rubberbandits interaction with Tim Pat Coogan. Anyone else catch the show?

I follow the podcast but rarely listen to any of the segments that come up. There are only so many times you can listen to about life in Ireland in 1914. They are like Bible creationists. Nothing existed before 1900.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Yes, I caught Blind Boy and Tim Pat Coogan and thought it was very interesting. Ridiculous to get offended by something that hasn't even been written yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Good programme this evening. Really enjoyed discussion of the history of hurling.

Advertisement