Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good Anthology Shows?

Options
  • 20-04-2009 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

I'm on a bit of a Twilight Zone buzz atm (60's and 80's) versions and I'm looking for other 'anthology shows' you might recommend. They don't necessarily have to be in the horror/fantasy genre but if they are then all the better. Also any time era welcome.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

The Outer Limits (The 60's version is a bit creaky now, but it's still a little better than the 90's version, as the 90's is noticeably a bit cable tv/Canadian - Theres nothing more jarring than having the character who's been established as Texan saying "Whitter yoo taaking aboot, ay?" - but it's still watchable, and has a few gems hidden in the dirt.)

The 2002 Forest Whitaker version of the Twilight zone series is available on r1 dvd, and there's also a couple of Anchor Bay releases : "Masters of Horror" & "Masters of Sci Fi" available on Play etc. for a few euro.

I havent checked in a while, but I think that you'll probably find some "Tales of the Unexpected" box sets knocking around there too.

Advertisement