Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mondeo july prices

Options
  • 28-04-2008 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

Have to order new company car soon.

Has anybody any idea of what reduction the distrubutors will pass on. I am aware of BMW/mini passing on close to the amount ( they are to be commended for doing so when so many of their competitors are staying quiet )

But what about the others Ford, VW etc.

E92 your excel is very good but we are relying on distrubutors passing on what they feel is fair ,or not.

There are a lot of posters here who work in trade, any chance they can let the rest of know whats happening.

regards,

RT

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

We're all waiting and seeing what will happen with Ford!

BMW/MINI passed on the savings in full(they also passed on any increases too) to the consumer. They said they would do say back in December, and they've kept to their word. Any discrepancy between my price and theirs is down to the fact that I'm not privy to things like Open Market Selling Price etc so I can't possibly know what they're basing it on for the purposes of VRT. All I can do is make an educated guess!

I presume VAG will copy BMW with VRT savings. They will if they want Audi to remain competitive with BMW anyway. And then if Audi go down, then it follows that VW, Seat and Skoda will have to follow suit.

That then would affect the premium and the non premium makes. You can be sure that other companies will try and follow suit.

I'd say it'll be like a domino affect. Anyone that had any ideas of keeping VRT differences for themselves I'm sure won't be bothering to now that BMW/MINI announced it back in December they would and subsequently kept to their word with their official July price list a few weeks ago.

Advertisement