Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Speed Cameras

Options
  • 28-04-2008 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

On saturday evenin at approx 11 at night., i was travellin home from talla on m50 when.................ONE OF THE SPEED CAMERAS FLASHED !!!!!!! i couldn t believe it and i was 98% sure the speed limit was 120 km/h,WHICH I WAS DOING. but i was later told,that due to roadworks in place,it was reduced to 60km/h.

What i want to no is,
    1-Will i get done do u tink?
    2-is there any way to get out of it?

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Ouch, sorry to hear that. Well, I suppose if the new speed limit wasn't clearly marked you can argue the case. But the guards won't give a bollix either way regardless if you couldn't see the new speed limit or not :mad: Just pay the fine and keep sketch for giant flashing reduce speed signs in any more roadworks you may encounter in the future ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

if it flashed then yes,id say you will get done,complete bummer! and nope,no way out of it as temp speed limits are set in stone as much as the normal ones,only way outv that would be if the little signs on side of road with temp speed limits were knocked over or not in plain sight.
    If this is your 1st time getting caught out then dont worry about it, 2 points and a fine,the points will eventually go away and insurance companies dont penalise for 2 points either.
    take it as a lesson, a pain in the butt lesson but id say theres plenty of folk caught out like you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 dranahs89

cheers guys.. looks like ill have to pay it now.. how much is it and when will i get the letter out???

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭DaDa

You were doing twice the speed limit so I'd say it's rather likely.

Just out of curiosity... where have you been in relation to the M50 for the past while... it has been 60kmph for a fairly long time now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Not too sure when to expect the fine in the post, but it's only 80 euro. If you don't pay it in 28 days, it goes to 120 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

I got lucky when i made that mistake. My not come out. May have mist on the lens. May be out of film. May have too much other traffic in the shot.
    Also may not.

All being what it is how is this a personal issue?:confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The speed limit is back up on the m50 but only to 100km. Its going to stay like that from what I know due to narrower lanes etc.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

why o why is this in the PI forum???????????:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Not a PI

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

jonny24ie wrote: »
    The speed limit is back up on the m50 but only to 100km. Its going to stay like that from what I know due to narrower lanes etc.
    (As of last friday) Not until you get to about the Ballymount or N7 slips (IIRC the Ballymount to N7 is still 60km/h but I stand to be corrected) However, it is 60km/h from before Sandyfort to after Tallaght. The speed camera is within the 60km/h limit and given the works are to commence soon enough there, its likely to stay.

• Advertisement
Advertisement