Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DAB Radio

Options
  • 05-06-2014 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Is it worth buying one from the point of view very few stations or dab is virtually dead in the water. I see Aldi have one for sale this week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 The Spare Bowler

Do not buy any DAB RADIO that does not have DAB+. If RTE launch DAB nationwide in the future it will be DAB+.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Ernest

Do not buy any DAB RADIO that does not have DAB+. If RTE launch DAB nationwide in the future it will be DAB+.

What is DAB+?

As far as I can establish, the only radio stations you can get on DAB in the Dublin area are the various RTE ones - not Newstalk or Today FM.
    Stations outside Ireland are unobtainable on DAB - but the same is also true of FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

No, there is also the independent DAB mix, carries stations like All80s, Absolute, Zenith Classic Rock.

Dublin and Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

DAB+ essentially means it's future proofed. I have one, they are great, but mine also has an Internet Radio function and I use the Internet Radio far more than DAB. When I first got it, I only used DAB. I'm in Dublin by the way.

Advertisement