Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

school facilities

• 12-06-2003 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭

k i did my Technical graphics exam today in absolutely disgraceful conditions. There is one drawing room in the school, which was given to one class for teh drawing exam, and teh rest of us were herded into a room with normal tables. They didnt even bother getting us decent tables. The sheets were too large for the tables, clips wouldnt fit on the tables and thus my sheets kept sliding. I had to abandon a question on which i had spent 30 minutes because my sheet had slid so much and accuracy was vital to the question. I just about got by on another four questions, but i was under time pressure the whole time, not to mention totally put off by my initial scare. Did ne 1 else have teh same problems? The other digraceful thing was that where were a few spaces in the drawing room, i asked my principal if there were any, he said no. Im uber p*ssed bout this, i definitely lost marks cos of this :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'd recommend you make a complaint about the conditions, and get the rest of your class to do the same.

Also get the supervisor to do so, and they'll mark it easier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Shane

Why not move the drawing tables to the individual exam centres? That's what we did! I'm assuming you've had enough tables year round?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Originally posted by Shane
    Why not move the drawing tables to the individual exam centres? That's what we did! I'm assuming you've had enough tables year round?

I'd assume there was more than one tech drawing class - and they never had to all work together prior to this? Thus, not enough tables and all...

Definitely lodge a complaint. *nods in agreement with PHB*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭adjodlo

Originally posted by sionnach
    k i did my Technical graphics exam today in absolutely disgraceful conditions. There is one drawing room in the school, which was given to one class for teh drawing exam, and teh rest of us were herded into a room with normal tables. They didnt even bother getting us decent tables. The sheets were too large for the tables, clips wouldnt fit on the tables and thus my sheets kept sliding. I had to abandon a question on which i had spent 30 minutes because my sheet had slid so much and accuracy was vital to the question. I just about got by on another four questions, but i was under time pressure the whole time, not to mention totally put off by my initial scare. Did ne 1 else have teh same problems? The other digraceful thing was that where were a few spaces in the drawing room, i asked my principal if there were any, he said no. Im uber p*ssed bout this, i definitely lost marks cos of this :(

ah God bless the Ballymun tech'erz among us

...now I know why you're holding a gun in that pic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Our place wasn't nearly as bad as that when I did the LC.

They insisted we come in 30 minutes early, and carry our own tables from the Tech Drawing room into the exam hall. Then when we finished, they made us take the tables back down again, disturbing anyone else who wasn't finished. I mean, they were already paying 5th years to do the lackie work, why couldn't they do it before and after the exams? :rolleyes:

Anyway, you should definitely make a complaint, and get everyone else to do so too. That's completely unacceptable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement