Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New, Much More Articulate Phising scam - How should I respond?

Options
  • 09-12-2008 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭

Dear friend

Good day and compliments, I know this letter will definitely come to you as a huge surprise, but I implore you to take the time to go through it carefully as the decision you make will go off a long way to determine my future and continued existence.
    Please allow me to introduce myself. I am capt. J. Scott , a US Marine Capt. serving in the 3rd Battalion, 25th Marine Regiment which Patrols the Anbar province, Iraq.

I am desperately in need of assistance and I have summoned up courage to contact you. I am presently in Iraq and I found your contact particulars in an address journal. I am seeking your assistance to evacuate the sum of $12,570,000 (Twelve million Five Hundred and Seventy Thousand US dollars) to the States or any safe country of your choice, as far as I can be assured that it will be safe in your care until I complete my service here. This is no stolen money and there are no dangers involved.

SOURCE OF MONEY:
    Some money in various currencies was discovered and concealed in barrels with piles of weapons and ammunition at a location near one of Saddam Hussein's old Presidential Palaces in Tikrit Iraq,during a rescue operation,http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2988455.stm It was agreed by all parties present that the money be shared amongst us. This might appear as an illegal but I tell you what? No compensation can make up for the risks we have taken with our lives in this hell hole. The above figure was given to me as my share and to conceal this kind of money became a problem for me, so with the help of a German contact working with the UN here (his office enjoys some immunity) I was able to get the package out to a safe location entirely out of trouble spot. He does not know the real contents of the package as he believes that it belongs to an American who died in an air raid, and before giving up trusted me to hand over the package to his close relative.

I have now found a secured way of getting the package out of Iraq for you to pick up. I do not know for how long I will remain here as I have been lucky to have survived 2 suicide bomb attacks by Pure Divine intervention. This and other reasons put into consideration have prompted me to reach out for help. If it might be of interest to you then Endeavour to contact me and we would work out the necessary formalities but I pray that you are discreet about this mutually benefiting relationship.should you have any reason to reject this offer, please and please delete this message immediately, as any leakage of this information will be detrimental to the US soldiers here in Iraq and especially to me.

Contact me via my private box: or (capt_scottjwright@live.com) so that I can furnish you with more details.
    Respectfully,
    Capt. Scott J. Wright.

Have to say they're getting better at it :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

For an American, his English is pretty fishy...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

I think there are alot more Non-nigerians trying the classic 419 now. Still the same bull just better english.
    Maybe they just found a better translator programme though:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

sounds genuine, Go for it OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭ordinary_story

Keep us up to date with how it goes:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Dear Capt. Scott J. Wright.

I am flattered that you have chosen me out of the billions of e-mail addresses out there. I would really love to help you in this endevour, as the money would benifit me fantastically.
    However I must inform you that I am a member of the Al Qa'ida group and have sinced traced your whereabouts using your IP address and cross referencing it with google maps.
    Unfortunatly for you I have alerted our local group members and they are on there way to your location to end the lives of you and your comrades and take back what is rightfully ours. I have also cross referenced your email with myspace and bebo and have gotten your home address so you will be pleased to know that we will post your severed head to your wife and children for them to remember you by. Also if your body has not been too decapitated by our men we will send her back your penis also for her to pleasure herself (although your brother is not doing that bad of a job at the moment).
    I am truly sorry for this inconvenience. I hope (for your sake) that God does exist and that he is on your side.

Yours Respectfully,
    Maraha Al Punti Boiay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

They still write like a schoolkid who just got his hands on his first thesaurus and insists on using it whenever possible. Now I know what my Irish teacher had to endure when reading my essays.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Apologies for the hijack, this is what I replied with (my name is not Michael Gilligan) to a recent one:
    Dear Michael Gilligan.

Thanks for your mail. I am very that you lost your wife from breast cancer. Metallic box is a consignment where my late husband packaged the 7 million us dollars and sent it to the security company.

I need your assistance, so that the security company will deliver the consignment to you. Kindly send me your full address and phone number before I will send you all the vital documents that covers this transaction.

I wait for your urgent reply.

Thanks and God bless you

Dear Mrs Amina,

Blessed greetings and thank you for your good wishes. I hope that you are comfortable in hospital. Is there a holy man in there? My wife prayed with a holy man because she cheated with my neighbour. When I confronted her she said 'why so serious?' and that it put a smile on her face.

I do not know which address I can send you, I have a home address or business address. Iam in the UK. Please advise. What size is the box? My chauffeur, Chief Brody is a wise man and has often advised when we need bigger boats but also boxes. I trust he will be able to lift it. I cannot lift much, I was previously injured by a man called Hans Gruber. I think he was a terrorist, Iam told all terrorists have beards.

Praise be and warmest regards,

Michael Gilligan

Dear Michael,

You are very funny man, you just put smile on my face, thanks for that. What I need from you is your telephone number and address where you will like the company to deliver the consignment to you.

Thanks and God bless

Mrs Amina Sani

Poor Mrs Sani, 62, 3 months to live and emailing from her hospital bed.

Advertisement