Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AF Forum Mock Draft 2015 interest list & Chat

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Bears GM will be picking later today and the Falcons GM already gave me their shortlist :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Ive put Mariota to the Redskins in a lot of mock drafts. Just seems Jay Gruden is not willing to commit to RG3 as his starter, and Kirk Cousins is still too raw. While i know some will say Mariota is too raw also, i just feel he could be that nice blend of size, speed and arm strength that the Redskins would love to have

The Falcons GM is away and gave me their pick. If you want to add more text please pm a mod or me. It'll lock in a few days and I can't edit it then but a mod can

Giants GM pm'ed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Just the one real surprise pick so far, interested to see who is mocked to the Giants now. Scherff is the player mocked most often so with him off the board it could be an interesting pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

kev_s88 wrote: »
    Ive put Mariota to the Redskins in a lot of mock drafts. Just seems Jay Gruden is not willing to commit to RG3 as his starter, and Kirk Cousins is still too raw. While i know some will say Mariota is too raw also, i just feel he could be that nice blend of size, speed and arm strength that the Redskins would love to have

I was considering him but the redskins suck getting after the qb. Rg3 can do a job while they sort out the d

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

mikemac1 wrote: »
    The Falcons GM is away and gave me their pick. If you want to add more text please pm a mod or me. It'll lock in a few days and I can't edit it then but a mod can

Giants GM pm'ed

Thanks for posting my pick Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Just in from the match now, I'll get my Giants pick posted soon!

Also I'd be absolutely delighted if Beasley fell to the Falcons at 8, reckon he's almost guaranteed to go in the top 5 at this stage.

I wonder will the Rams draft defensive line :pac:

Would love the Giants to land Shelton. He would form one hell of a DT pairing with Big Hank. I fear he would go to the Bears.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Love the Kevin White pick for the Vikings. Intrigued to see what way the Browns go here as it really shapes my pick at #19.

• Advertisement

Took Kevin White for the Vikings

I'm a bit unsure though. Vikings cut Jennings but they still have Wallace, Patterson, Wright and Johnson so it's not bad at all.

I see cornerback as a huge need, sure Terence Newman is 36. I think Trae Waynes is going to be a stud for years and years and probably a top 10 pick on draft day. Offensive line is a need too but nobody there worth of the 11th overall pick

In the end I went for White to give the young QB some extra help.

Browns GM pm'ed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Took Kevin White for the Vikings

I'm a bit unsure though. Vikings cut Jennings but they still have Wallace, Patterson, Wright and Johnson so it's not bad at all.

I see cornerback as a huge need, sure Terence Newman is 36. I think Trae Waynes is going to be a stud for years and years and probably a top 10 pick on draft day. Offensive line is a need too but nobody there worth of the 11th overall pick

In the end I went for White to give the young QB some extra help.

Browns GM pm'ed

White is great value though at that spot but like u say it is not like the Vikes are short on WRs.

The tackle Collins is sliding bigtime in the real world I hear, won't be a top 10 pick. Ereck Flowers might even be picked ahead of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

i agree that white is far too much value at 11 not to take him - he is the top 1-2 wide reciever in the draft - and at 11 there is no risk here at all! I would go for him all day if he drops to vikes here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭tripperman

i agree that white is far too much value at 11 not to take him - he is the top 1-2 wide reciever in the draft - and at 11 there is no risk here at all! I would go for him all day if he drops to vikes here

Its a great pick at 11 I think he will be gone in top 10 on draft day, cb waynes would be a great pick at this point to, think ot collins could slide to late first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Would love the Giants to land Shelton. He would form one hell of a DT pairing with Big Hank. I fear he would go to the Bears.

Glad you approve :D

Strongly considered Landon Collins at safety as I think he'd be a great fit for you guys and would slot straight in as a day one starter. From what I can make out there's only 2 young inexperienced safeties on the roster and Rolle's departure has left a big hole. I just felt that it was too much of a reach at 9 but if the Giants had been picking in the late teens, twenties I would have snapped him up.

Glad you approve :D

Strongly considered Landon Collins at safety as I think he'd be a great fit for you guys and would slot straight in as a day one starter. From what I can make out there's only 2 young inexperienced safeties on the roster and Rolle's departure has left a big hole. I just felt that it was too much of a reach at 9 but if the Giants had been picking in the late teens, twenties I would have snapped him up.

As long as you didn't go O-Line I would have been happy :)

Yea we are terribly weak at safety but it would be a huge reach for Collins at 9. I think there is a chance that he is still there at the start of day 2 and if he is I would like to make a move up to secure him then. The safety class beyond Collins is not great by all accounts although I do think Cody Prewitt from Ole Miss will be a great addition for someone in the mid rounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

That stat for Vic Beasley's sacks can't be correct. If it was he'd be the most locked in #1 pick in history.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

That stat for Vic Beasley's sacks can't be correct. If it was he'd be the most locked in #1 pick in history.

he had 33 sacks over 3 years I thinks, I'm going to say the 44.5 is probably TFL

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

I'l have the Brown's pick up this evening, need to give it some thought.

RAGING Kevin White went one pick before, he was perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jovetic

White is a steal there, although Teddy would probably prefer his old college mate DeVante Parker

This draft is moving so slow :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭franglan

Can't see it happening somehow but it would be nice to see Bridgewater and his former high school receiver Cooper lining up together. Cooper won't be there when the Vikings pick though.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

franglan wrote: »
    Can't see it happening somehow but it would be nice to see Bridgewater and his former high school receiver Cooper lining up together. Cooper won't be there when the Vikings pick though.
    I cant see him falling that far. If the Raiders arent going to pick him then the Bears probably will.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Pick made. Most will disagree and would go with a WR, but I really like Waynes. He's young and handsy, but its as if he sets every reciever he's up against as a personal challege to shut down, and in general he's very good at it. Had a great combine, to go with great tape.

I've heard no trouble from him and he wrote a great letter to thank everyone in Michigan State for helping him get into the draft and persue his dream in the NFL. It seemed very genuine and well written.

With good coaching this guy could be a superstar, he seems to have all the physical attributes and the brain to go with it.

Waynes at 14 is a cracking pick, I reckon he'll go top 10 in the real draft

I almost took him myself at 11 for the Vikings

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Waynes at 14 is a cracking pick, I reckon he'll go top 10 in the real draft

I almost took him myself at 11 for the Vikings

think he is nailed on for top 10 tbh - but if he is on the board at 14 you have to take him! I think if white was not on the board at 11 for the vikes they would have picked waynes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

49ers pick is in, it would definitely have been Trae Waynes had the Dolphins not selected him at 14. although CB is a major need for the 49ers I didn't think Marcus Peters was worth the risk and 15 was a little to high to be picking someone like Ronald Darby. I also played with the idea of Devante Parker or Dorial Green-Beckham but I felt that Brown provided the better value at 15

Was hoping Brown might fall to the Bolts at #17 now cannot wait to see who we get. Personally I'd like Flowers from Miami or Clemmings from Pitt. We could go pass rusher too. Maybe even RB but I hope not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭tripperman

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Was hoping Brown might fall to the Bolts at #17 now cannot wait to see who we get. Personally I'd like Flowers from Miami or Clemmings from Pitt. We could go pass rusher too. Maybe even RB but I hope not.

I wouldn't mind Dt Eddie Goldman or dt arik arimstead ether both have upsides for me, no olb that I would chance a first on after bud Dupree or Vic Beasley are both gone,

• Registered Users Posts: 37,639 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Personally I think he will go a lot higher in the real draft. I think Brown is the best player in the draft, I think he is going to be a great one in the NFL.

• Advertisement

tripperman wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind Dt Eddie Goldman or dt arik arimstead ether both have upsides for me, no olb that I would chance a first on after bud Dupree or Vic Beasley are both gone,

I'm hearing Goldman has some lazy traits... if we can't get a stud like Brown I want us to go O line at #17. (esp like u say top ranked pass rushers are gone)

Advertisement