Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AF Forum Mock Draft 2015 interest list & Chat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Took Kevin White for the Vikings

I'm a bit unsure though. Vikings cut Jennings but they still have Wallace, Patterson, Wright and Johnson so it's not bad at all.

I see cornerback as a huge need, sure Terence Newman is 36. I think Trae Waynes is going to be a stud for years and years and probably a top 10 pick on draft day. Offensive line is a need too but nobody there worth of the 11th overall pick

In the end I went for White to give the young QB some extra help.

Browns GM pm'ed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Took Kevin White for the Vikings

I'm a bit unsure though. Vikings cut Jennings but they still have Wallace, Patterson, Wright and Johnson so it's not bad at all.

I see cornerback as a huge need, sure Terence Newman is 36. I think Trae Waynes is going to be a stud for years and years and probably a top 10 pick on draft day. Offensive line is a need too but nobody there worth of the 11th overall pick

In the end I went for White to give the young QB some extra help.

Browns GM pm'ed

White is great value though at that spot but like u say it is not like the Vikes are short on WRs.

The tackle Collins is sliding bigtime in the real world I hear, won't be a top 10 pick. Ereck Flowers might even be picked ahead of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

i agree that white is far too much value at 11 not to take him - he is the top 1-2 wide reciever in the draft - and at 11 there is no risk here at all! I would go for him all day if he drops to vikes here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭tripperman

i agree that white is far too much value at 11 not to take him - he is the top 1-2 wide reciever in the draft - and at 11 there is no risk here at all! I would go for him all day if he drops to vikes here

Its a great pick at 11 I think he will be gone in top 10 on draft day, cb waynes would be a great pick at this point to, think ot collins could slide to late first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Would love the Giants to land Shelton. He would form one hell of a DT pairing with Big Hank. I fear he would go to the Bears.

Glad you approve :D

Strongly considered Landon Collins at safety as I think he'd be a great fit for you guys and would slot straight in as a day one starter. From what I can make out there's only 2 young inexperienced safeties on the roster and Rolle's departure has left a big hole. I just felt that it was too much of a reach at 9 but if the Giants had been picking in the late teens, twenties I would have snapped him up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Glad you approve :D

Strongly considered Landon Collins at safety as I think he'd be a great fit for you guys and would slot straight in as a day one starter. From what I can make out there's only 2 young inexperienced safeties on the roster and Rolle's departure has left a big hole. I just felt that it was too much of a reach at 9 but if the Giants had been picking in the late teens, twenties I would have snapped him up.

As long as you didn't go O-Line I would have been happy :)

Yea we are terribly weak at safety but it would be a huge reach for Collins at 9. I think there is a chance that he is still there at the start of day 2 and if he is I would like to make a move up to secure him then. The safety class beyond Collins is not great by all accounts although I do think Cody Prewitt from Ole Miss will be a great addition for someone in the mid rounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

That stat for Vic Beasley's sacks can't be correct. If it was he'd be the most locked in #1 pick in history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

That stat for Vic Beasley's sacks can't be correct. If it was he'd be the most locked in #1 pick in history.

he had 33 sacks over 3 years I thinks, I'm going to say the 44.5 is probably TFL

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

I'l have the Brown's pick up this evening, need to give it some thought.

RAGING Kevin White went one pick before, he was perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jovetic

White is a steal there, although Teddy would probably prefer his old college mate DeVante Parker

This draft is moving so slow :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭franglan

Can't see it happening somehow but it would be nice to see Bridgewater and his former high school receiver Cooper lining up together. Cooper won't be there when the Vikings pick though.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

franglan wrote: »
    Can't see it happening somehow but it would be nice to see Bridgewater and his former high school receiver Cooper lining up together. Cooper won't be there when the Vikings pick though.
    I cant see him falling that far. If the Raiders arent going to pick him then the Bears probably will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Pick made. Most will disagree and would go with a WR, but I really like Waynes. He's young and handsy, but its as if he sets every reciever he's up against as a personal challege to shut down, and in general he's very good at it. Had a great combine, to go with great tape.

I've heard no trouble from him and he wrote a great letter to thank everyone in Michigan State for helping him get into the draft and persue his dream in the NFL. It seemed very genuine and well written.

With good coaching this guy could be a superstar, he seems to have all the physical attributes and the brain to go with it.

Waynes at 14 is a cracking pick, I reckon he'll go top 10 in the real draft

I almost took him myself at 11 for the Vikings

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Waynes at 14 is a cracking pick, I reckon he'll go top 10 in the real draft

I almost took him myself at 11 for the Vikings

think he is nailed on for top 10 tbh - but if he is on the board at 14 you have to take him! I think if white was not on the board at 11 for the vikes they would have picked waynes!

49ers pick is in, it would definitely have been Trae Waynes had the Dolphins not selected him at 14. although CB is a major need for the 49ers I didn't think Marcus Peters was worth the risk and 15 was a little to high to be picking someone like Ronald Darby. I also played with the idea of Devante Parker or Dorial Green-Beckham but I felt that Brown provided the better value at 15

Was hoping Brown might fall to the Bolts at #17 now cannot wait to see who we get. Personally I'd like Flowers from Miami or Clemmings from Pitt. We could go pass rusher too. Maybe even RB but I hope not.

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Was hoping Brown might fall to the Bolts at #17 now cannot wait to see who we get. Personally I'd like Flowers from Miami or Clemmings from Pitt. We could go pass rusher too. Maybe even RB but I hope not.

I wouldn't mind Dt Eddie Goldman or dt arik arimstead ether both have upsides for me, no olb that I would chance a first on after bud Dupree or Vic Beasley are both gone,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,966 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Personally I think he will go a lot higher in the real draft. I think Brown is the best player in the draft, I think he is going to be a great one in the NFL.

• Advertisement

tripperman wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind Dt Eddie Goldman or dt arik arimstead ether both have upsides for me, no olb that I would chance a first on after bud Dupree or Vic Beasley are both gone,

I'm hearing Goldman has some lazy traits... if we can't get a stud like Brown I want us to go O line at #17. (esp like u say top ranked pass rushers are gone)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

I like Peters a lot and would Ðraft him ahead of Wayne so think it's a greet pick. His dismissal from Washington is a bit of an unknown (reports that he tried to choke a coach) but he was invited back for their pro-day so relations cannot be all bad. That aside he looks to have the size & physicality you want from a corner.

The Bolts are on the clock..... pressure on Morrissseee..

Jeeeeeeeeeez the suspension is killing me..... Pull the trigger Morrissseeee!!!.

Haha i have the eagles pick and its driving me mad the wait... whoever has the chiefs pick must be in bits hahaha!!

Gufc21 who was 33rd on the list will make the Chargers pick tonight.

Sorry to the Chargers GM but gotta keep moving

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jovetic

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,181 ✭✭✭Guffy

First timer so be gentle, but chiefs are up.

Gordon hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I sure like Gufc21's reasoning for going Gordon over Gurley but like he says we might even trade down if the DT Brown is off the board. I still think we might go O line at #17 though. Or perhaps LB if a good un drops.

Personally I think we will take our future starting RB in round 2, the one out of Boise St is the one I'm looking at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,181 ✭✭✭Guffy

Ya I was going to go O line but I just think the singing of Franklin takes that need away from the O line. As I said i think the trade down and get a RB in second round and DT late in the first would be the ideal situation for the Chargers. But if they have to pick #17 this is their pick (at least it would be way I would go).

• Advertisement

gufc21 wrote: »
    Ya I was going to go O line but I just think the singing of Franklin takes that need away from the O line. As I said i think the trade down and get a RB in second round and DT late in the first would be the ideal situation for the Chargers. But if they have to pick #17 this is their pick (at least it would be way I would go).

I like your pick of Gordon and your reasons to, he is a great player has the ability to break tackles like beast mode and Charles, is less of a risk then Gurley, but lb or dt is main needs in this round but all the good ones are gone, leaving goldman who les pointed out has lazy trairts,

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

Chiefs pick will be in soon - sorry wasn't able to get it up last night...

Chiefs pick will be in soon - sorry wasn't able to get it up last night...

Ah man we've all been there. I'm sure she'll let you try again tonight.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Ah man we've all been there. I'm sure she'll let you try again tonight.

;)

Unfortunately it was my monthly token so I'll be waiting now!!! :rolleyes:

Before free agency a lot in the media were talking about the small receivers in Cleveland especially that Josh Gordon is gone for the year
    I had a look at wikipedia

From last year
    Travis Benjamin - 5' 10"
    Taylor Gabriel - 5' 8"
    Andrew Hawkins - 5' 7"

Departed
    Miles Austin 6' 2"

New signings
    Dwayne Bowe - 6' 2"
    Brian Hartline - 6' 2"

And now Devante Parker here at 6' 3"

Maybe it means nothing at all. Just didn't hear any other roster recieve comments about a need to signing bigger receivers and remembered it when the Browns picked

Parker is great value at 19. I think if he's there at 11 and White and Cooper are gone the Vikings bite, reuniting him and Teddy

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Happy I went with Ray now that Parker was still there for Pauli at 19. The risk paid off!.

I think Cleveland would be very happy with that first round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Did a write up for my pick and then I found out I couldn't edit my post anymore :/

Send it to a mod, they might be able to edit it for you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

PM me and I'll edit it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

Mike has asked me to take over and make the Bengals pick. Won't be able to do a full writeup until later but I'll get the pick in soon to keep things moving

• Registered Users Posts: 21 nolllaig

Pick made PM sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Have my pick in mind for the Cowboys in three or four picks time - I just know someone is going to pick them ahead of me! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Just tell me who it is and I'll be sure not to pick him...

Just looked and four players I had thought of as picks for colts are gone off board now,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Pick made in the draft, had to go O-line really.

Could people send a PM to the next in line as it really helps to move things along?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Love the Gurley to the Cardinals pick.

Cardinals GM was offline so I grabbed a Cardinals fan for the pick

Thanks kingcobra!

Trent Richardson - Brandon Weeden
    Justin Gilbert - Johnny Manziel
    Shane Ray - Devonte Parker

Time will tell but the GMs here can't realy do any worse than the Browns front office ;)

• Advertisement

Clemmings is a stud RT, at #25 he is a steal, so much upside. I'm hoping for him or Flowers (who Lions got at #23 in our mock) to the Bolts at #17. Then we can push Fluker inside to RG. For me Clemmings will always be a RT. Flowers might be a LT at some stage though. I think Peat will struggle at next level.

Advertisement