Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AF Forum Mock Draft 2015 interest list & Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Leonard Williams at #2 eh?, how mad would it be were TN to trade the #2 pick and their no. 1 in 2016 to SD for Rivers? were that to happen would SD still pick Williams or go with Mariota?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

they would pick mariota - the only reason they would trade rivers is for mariota!
    Imagine if saints traded brees..... never happen but mariota could go there!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Leonard Williams at #2 eh?, how mad would it be were TN to trade the #2 pick and their no. 1 in 2016 to SD for Rivers? were that to happen would SD still pick Williams or go with Mariota?

It's a pure guess really.

If the Titans think Mariota is a franchise QB, he's the pick without question. If not, it's a trade to somebody who does or Williams. I think there's too many questions to predict them picking Mariota. Reports that he's not Wisenhunt's type of qb, they seem to like Mettenberger etc. Picking Mariota probably doesn't make them noticeably better this season IMO, whereas Williams is an immediate upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jovetic

Ten minutes are up, who's next!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Don't know which thread to pick in...
    But I'm going for Teddy Bridgewater.
    I think he'll end up at the bears. And if he does, he'll play. And he'll do well.
    (Is it obvious that I'm rimming it?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Are you going to make the pick or are you just trolling us here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Brandon Scherff to the Jags at 3. Bit of a reach?

scherff at number 3.... unlikely methinks!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

I had Scherff on my big board for the 49ers pick, didnt think he would ever fall to 15 but no way did i think he'd be gone in the top 5. with Williams gone I thought they would have went with an edge rusher, as its a major need and theres alot of high end talent left on the board

• Advertisement

Yeah I look at Scherff and can't help but think he is Robert Gallery 2. And Gallery looked better in college. That's a big reach to go Scherff at 3 for me.

Prefab Sprouter is going to step in and make the Raiders pick

Being a Raiders fan n'all it's sure to be a good one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Brandon Scherff to the Jags at 3. Bit of a reach?

I think I've seen at least 6/7 mocks have Jags taking Dante Flower, Schreff is an interesting pick - but that's the joys of the draft, who know's what in the GM's minds!!!

This GM here for example hasn't a clue who the Chiefs will be picking in a few days time... And the Bills in the 2nd, Do I have to try to think like Rex???

think like Rex???

Defensive line it is so!:pac:

Good pick prefab defo between Cooper and White there.

phatkev wrote: »
    Defensive line it is so!:pac:

And a foot fetish and Sanchize tattoo!!

• Advertisement

I think I've seen at least 6/7 mocks have Jags taking Dante Flower, Schreff is an interesting pick - but that's the joys of the draft, who know's what in the GM's minds!!!

This GM here for example hasn't a clue who the Chiefs will be picking in a few days time... And the Bills in the 2nd, Do I have to try to think like Rex???

Scherff is just a surprise a I havn't come across it as a pick. The "experts" seem to have him to either us or the Rams.

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Good pick prefab defo between Cooper and White there.

Tough one to call but I would go Cooper as well. He has everything you want to step in and help Carr straight away.

If Al was around it would obviously be White over Cooper but if McKenzie has sense he will ignore tradition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭tripperman

Cooper is a good choice for raiders will give Carr a great target straight off and red zone threat which there lacking, jags do need ol draft but pass rusher in first Fowler was what I thought, he's not far behind williams in talent

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

McKenzie is under serious pressure. He needs to have a really good draft but thankfully the WR class is promising.

i think raiders will have more out of cooper - he can play in the slot! he also wants to be on the ball - he had a huge amount of plays in alabama and has an air about him when he gets the ball that he can beat players!! i think cooper is the better choice of wr - good pick!

• Advertisement

Redskins GM pm'ed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Missed this somehow, if anyone drops out and can't make their picks feel free to fire me a PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Missed this somehow, if anyone drops out and can't make their picks feel free to fire me a PM.

You can take mine Cookie, I won't be able to put as much time into write ups as I would have liked.

GMs can edit their posts later . No problem to add the selection on your phone but if can you add pics & videos later that'd be great. Tbh it's expected

Jets GM pm'ed, a lot of other GM's watching this pick!!

Onecoolcookie now a GM

Jags taking a guard at #3 :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

mikemac1 wrote: »

Onecoolcookie now a GM

Not having a go at anyone and I know it's all only a bit of fun but a case of line jumping no? After the 32 GM's, myself and two others expressed interest in taking part so by my reckoning if Jamarcus isn't taking part gufc21 should be asked if he's still interested? He was no. 33 to express interest. Fair play to mikemac putting all together though....enjoy following this every year.

And on the draft itself....Scherff at 3 to the Jags??? I'd be astounded if Bradley doesn't go for the marquee defensive player he so badly needs.

You are correct and I didn't check GMs 33 onwards :o

We need a GM for the Jags at pick 36 due to a troll signing up so that'll be offered down the list

I like the Fowler pick for Washington, gives them a nice pass rushing rotation at the LB position along with Kerrigan and Murphy. the QBs of the NFC East will have to be on their toes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The Jaguars have blown the draft wide open at #3 already, and though there has been some criticism of the pick and not one I would have made, I can understand why Frostie when for it. Offensive line is a huge need for the Jags (despite investing lots of high picks on offense lately), they've made a significant investment in Bortles and they definitely need to protect him better. In addition to that, their run game ranked in the bottom 5 in most of the major categories last year and that is an area where really Scherff excels at. Sophomore QB and no run game isn't exactly promising! It's not a sexy pick but he's the best offensive lineman in the draft and the Jags would get a major upgrade at a problem position that will plug straight in and play to a high level for as long as he's there. I'd have gone for an edge rusher however, though I have seen Scherff mocked as high as Washington at #5 by a respected NFL writer.

Also, any chance we can speed things up a bit lads? If we keep going at the rate we are going at (5 picks in 4 days), we'll barely get the first round finished before the actual draft starts! :pac:

Take a guard in the second if you like, I'd trade down or go BPA if I'm the Jags at #3. I'd take Fowler at #3

• Advertisement

Mariota at 6 is the source of my nightmares!

A serious upgrade on Geno though. :cool:

He may be an upgrade, but the Jets should be drafting best player available at 6 and that would not be Mariota imo

Mariota gives them a chance to compete now! Defence is stacked, need another receiver to go with Decker but MM gives them a shot at winning the division

Jovetic wrote: »
    Mariota gives them a chance to compete now!

No he doesnt, he's not ready to face NFL defenses. He needs some serious coaching(something the Jets seem incapable of when it comes to QBs)and time before he's ready to start. If the Jets do happen to draft him I would hope that they let him sit behind Fitz/Geno and learn the system/learn the playbook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

phatkev wrote: »
    No he doesnt, he's not ready to face NFL defenses. He needs some serious coaching(something the Jets seem incapable of when it comes to QBs)and time before he's ready to start. If the Jets do happen to draft him I would hope that they let him sit behind Fitz/Geno and learn the system/learn the playbook

Like i said, i think the Jets would trade the pick but if they have to stay put then you have to take the QB there imo. You need a good qb to win in this league and Mariota has HUGE upside. I think in that situation he would sit behind Fitz for a year but there's always the problem of the clamour of the NY media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭franglan

If you draft Mariota at 6,there is no doubt he sees action in 2015. The days of redshirting early 1st round QB's is most likely over.
    Jets should go with Fitzpatrick as a game manager and hope he can do that. Personally I would go for best player position in a position of need for the jets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭tripperman

I do think the jets need a reboot at qb but mariota is not the guy for them he needs a stable qb friendly franchise, they don't seem to be able to help a rookie qb grow, I think they take ol lineman or pass rusher,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭ChicagoJoe

Apparently the Buccaneers has zeroed in on Jameis Winston as its target. So I started wondering, where will Mariota end up? My bets are on the Titans. Anyone else ?

• Advertisement

Rams at 10 have been touted also. Jeff Fischer does have the history of drafting a mobile QB with Vince Young

Foles only has one year left on his deal so Mariota could sit and learn for a year or get thrown in later if the playoffs are missed.

With Bradford and Jake Long off the books the Rams will have cap space in the future and they are drafting well, future looks bright and a good spot for a rookie QB

Titans at 2 seems awful high, don't see it

Bears GM will be picking later today and the Falcons GM already gave me their shortlist :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Ive put Mariota to the Redskins in a lot of mock drafts. Just seems Jay Gruden is not willing to commit to RG3 as his starter, and Kirk Cousins is still too raw. While i know some will say Mariota is too raw also, i just feel he could be that nice blend of size, speed and arm strength that the Redskins would love to have

The Falcons GM is away and gave me their pick. If you want to add more text please pm a mod or me. It'll lock in a few days and I can't edit it then but a mod can

Giants GM pm'ed

Just the one real surprise pick so far, interested to see who is mocked to the Giants now. Scherff is the player mocked most often so with him off the board it could be an interesting pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

kev_s88 wrote: »
    Ive put Mariota to the Redskins in a lot of mock drafts. Just seems Jay Gruden is not willing to commit to RG3 as his starter, and Kirk Cousins is still too raw. While i know some will say Mariota is too raw also, i just feel he could be that nice blend of size, speed and arm strength that the Redskins would love to have

I was considering him but the redskins suck getting after the qb. Rg3 can do a job while they sort out the d

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭In Exile

mikemac1 wrote: »
    The Falcons GM is away and gave me their pick. If you want to add more text please pm a mod or me. It'll lock in a few days and I can't edit it then but a mod can

Giants GM pm'ed

Thanks for posting my pick Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Just in from the match now, I'll get my Giants pick posted soon!

Also I'd be absolutely delighted if Beasley fell to the Falcons at 8, reckon he's almost guaranteed to go in the top 5 at this stage.

I wonder will the Rams draft defensive line :pac:

Would love the Giants to land Shelton. He would form one hell of a DT pairing with Big Hank. I fear he would go to the Bears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Love the Kevin White pick for the Vikings. Intrigued to see what way the Browns go here as it really shapes my pick at #19.

• Advertisement
Advertisement