Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread: European Super Cup: Manchester United vs Zenit St. Petersburg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

Nani looks hurt:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Thats the title wrapped up for Chelsea anyway...

Oh wait..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭ironingbored

They ain't Portsmouth boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Archimedes wrote: »
    Thats the title wrapped up for Chelsea anyway...

Bit early to concede, no?:)

Im fairness Tevez apart Utd have treated this as a training game.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Jesus lads, Tevez is playing these guy on his own. He is outstanding yet again

O Shea should have scored there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

United being torn apart by an "average" UEFA cup team. If Tevez was not on the pitch, it would be pityfull. Nani showing his true colours, when it matters. It looks like it did last season tbh in that without CR Manu are poor.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Jesus lads, Tevez is playing these guy on his own. He is outstanding yet again

You could probably have thrown on any ten random punters plus Tevez for all the impact the rest if them have had. Tis really Tevez v Zenit

See Tevez throw his hands in the air there at disgust as Nani lost the ball. :D:D:D Calm down Carlos

Vidic 2-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Goal!! Vidic

2-1

2-1 Vidic

From a corner to Rooney to Tevez who puts it on a plate for Vidic to stroke past three defenders on the line

Tevez booked:p

Arshavin aint done much

Spurs are sure to buy him:p

Brown on for Neville

Scholes sent off for second yellow card for blatant handball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Thats hilarious from Scholes. What a touch with the hand :) Top corner :)

Does that apply to CL games, cause that would be just great :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭token56

Wow hand of god 2

hahahaha
    O'Shea trying to congratulate him.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Best sending off ever :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

Scholes you muppet, what was he thinking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

LOL @ Tv3 commentator (moloney?) "great header from scholes" FFS. I only caught the screen out of the corner of my eye and I saw the hand.:)

• Advertisement

Scholes off - second yellow - crazy handball from corner

Cards picked up in this sham count in Europe apparenty:eek: According to ITV

Reckless - just reckless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭kev_s88

what a great goal by Scholes. best sending off ever :D

"Nani takes..."
    Need you say more?

According to ITV, he misses our first CL group stage match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭token56

Ferdinand playing as a forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Scholes, why oh why, i hope its just a 1 game ban.

FT Man Utd 1 Zenit 2

PHB wrote: »
    Thats hilarious from Scholes. What a touch with the hand :) Top corner :)/QUOTE]

In fairness a lovely finish by him - Cheeky bugger by O'Shea with the congratulations.

FT 2-1

Sham of a cup in all seriousity.

Cant believe cards count in proper European games - Mockadious

MOTM = Tevez by a mile - I can imagine him bollocking Scholes in the dressing room while Rooney and Rio snigger in the corner:)

Off to pub now Hurrah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

haha, lunacy from Scholes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Hilariously funny game :) Stil clear to me that the wingers are in order Ronaldo, Park, Nani, Giggs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,621 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

what a goal from scholes :D
    hand of god

but getting serious here:P

united need a target man

tevez and Ronney cant win balls in the air in the majority of games

Nani, oh my god. Hopefully we can just but it down to 1st game of the season crapness. Rooney worries me (not overly obviously) he tried to lay the ball off a number of times when he could have had a pop.

Scholes is a hero, great finish to be fair but WTF was he doin.

United, sham of a game or not, were absolutely shocking until going 2-0 down which indicates to me that they didnt take the game overly seriously in their approach. Tevez again was the only one who had commitment, desire, and a bit of a spark about him.

I agree with PHB, Nani has some way to go.

Tonight absolutely rammed home that brown is now our #1 right back. Neville was BRUTAL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

ah feck it . its a joke of a cup anyways. Tevez was everywhere. At least scholes gave me a laugh at the end :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

I think Neville was just a bit rusty. Defensively he was solid, his deliveries into the box let him down tonight, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Has Scholes been too much women's beach volleyball during the Olympics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Slightly ot but whats with Scholes having a Zidane like immunity to abuse for doing stupid things? His reckless tackles get passed off and the likes of this is laughed away.

If Rooney had done the same he'd have been called all sorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Has Scholes been too much women's beach volleyball during the Olympics?

I wouldn't blame him if he was :D

Stekelly wrote: »
    Slightly ot but whats with Scholes having a Zidane like immunity to abuse for doing stupid things? His reckless tackles get passed off and the likes of this is laughed away.

If Rooney had done the same he'd have been called all sorts.

Probably because Zidane, Scholes has given years of excellent service,sublime skill and wonderful memories which would make you less likely to castigate him over a moment of madness.

• Advertisement

Fergie wasnt aware that Scholes is now going to miss a CL game, the look on his face was priceless. He singled out Tevez as been Man Utd best player tonight.

Thought Josh did alright tonight. Brown over Neville for me from now on. I know its early days for Neville on his comeback but he is too static for me and that won't change. Brown offers better pace and support.

Yeah Josh did play well when he came on as did Park. I hate to say it but I think Gary Neville days as a first choice right back are past. Wes has to be now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Hero Of College

Scholes act was that of a man who plays for a team which has been molly coddled by officials all its life. And those they couldn't molly coddle they browbeat. "no Problem, I'll just reach up and handle this in, bobs yer uncle, nobody will dare do a thing, we are Man U, we rule"

Disgusting act of perfidious cheating by Scholes, and to think he had the temerity to "celebrate" with one of his team-mates.

Anybody who wants to chortle at Liverpools efforts against S. Liege had better had a look at Uniteds performance tonight.

ZSP are a decent unit, sure, and a bit better known in the last 4 months thanks to the UEFA Cup and the Euro Champs, but they are no major worldbeating outfit. Liege are this years ZSP.

Rooney, it seems has been ruined as a player. As much as Tyldsley tried to BS the viewers, the kid who wowed us at Everton is no more.:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Hero Of College

haha, lunacy from Scholes

Yeah, sure. There was no lunancy. Just arrogance and smarm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Great stuff Utd loose and loose a player for the CL and clearly are not as strong was they should be. Chelsea to win the league and Romans millions to grab all the silverwear this season. :(

Mike

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    Great stuff Utd loose and loose a player for the CL and clearly are not as strong was they should be. Chelsea to win the league and Romans millions to grab all the silverwear this season. :(

Mike

A bit premature tbh. We didn't exactly set the world on fire in the first few months of last season either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

Scholes act was that of a man who plays for a team which has been molly coddled by officials all its life. And those they couldn't molly coddle they browbeat. "no Problem, I'll just reach up and handle this in, bobs yer uncle, nobody will dare do a thing, we are Man U, we rule"

Disgusting act of perfidious cheating by Scholes, and to think he had the temerity to "celebrate" with one of his team-mates.

Anybody who wants to chortle at Liverpools efforts against S. Liege had better had a look at Uniteds performance tonight.

ZSP are a decent unit, sure, and a bit better known in the last 4 months thanks to the UEFA Cup and the Euro Champs, but they are no major worldbeating outfit. Liege are this years ZSP.

Rooney, it seems has been ruined as a player. As much as Tyldsley tried to BS the viewers, the kid who wowed us at Everton is no more.:(:(

Prob a bit harsh on scholes there bud.Im a liverpool fan and i think the guy is a wonderful player, on and off the field. Sure some of his tackles are pathetic but IMO the leagues best player over the last 10 years or more. Will agree with you on Rooney. The guy is the most over rated player in the history of the game in England. Never scored more than 20 goals in a season but maybe a lot of that is down to the position Ferguson plays him in? Dont know...Put him in an average team and he would look very ordinary...Eg: England

Liege are this years ZSP.

What are you basing that on :confused:

You are gonna have some posters rushing for a dictionary with a post like that! ;) Also, he didn't "celebrate", O'Shea did, Scholes was busy chortling his way off the pitch! :pac:

In fairness, ZSP are an infinitely better team than Liege. I have no idea why you brought that up other than looking to have a go. ZSP murdered Bayern in the UEFA semi last season, they are no flash in the pan. SL on the other hand are a robust and orgqanised unit with little to no attacking flair and probably have spent maybe 20 mill if even on their whole team whereas ZSP just spent €30 million on Danny, i don't see the comparison.....at all.

Yeah, sure. There was no lunancy. Just arrogance and smarm.

Jesus drop the bullsh*t will ya. It was at most an act of petulance and frustration. Get over yourself ffs. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement