Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC & The S*n

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

DSB wrote: »
    Yes thats exactly what I'm saying. Its just my opinion. My definition of being a fan is someone who gos to see their team play. Not through a TV. This isn't a support your local club rant, or anything like that. But, I mean I like TV shows, but I wouldn't consider myself a fan of My Name Is Earl. I might watch it whenever its on, and I own some memorabilia, but for me, supporting a club through the TV is somewhat akin to having a favourite character in a TV show. I'm not expecting anyone to agree with me, and I'm not saying that watching football on TV is wrong. I love watching football on TV. I have plenty of teams that I like to watch more than others. I grew up supporting Villa and I still do have strong affections towards them, but as I got older I kinda copped on that there was no real reason for me to feel a part of that club at all. It just baffles me how someone from Limerick or Dublin can consider themselves a real part of that football club and the history of it. But sure whatever people are into.

Just on this point, am I no longer allowed be a Shels fan because I moved to Australia? That round trip to Tolka is pretty difficult at the mo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Just on this point, am I no longer allowed be a Shels fan because I moved to Australia? That round trip to Tolka is pretty difficult at the mo.
    I take it you are taking the piss.

Thats completely different to inventing some arbitrary reason for becoming a 'fan' of a club to which you have no connection.

CiaranC wrote: »
    I take it you are taking the piss.

Thats completely different to inventing some arbitrary reason for becoming a 'fan' of a club to which you have no connection.

Not really. Shelbourne were never my local club growing up, Bohs were. I had absolutely no prior affiliation to the club whatsoever. I have even less now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

This wasn't what I was trying to say. I just took objection to people from a foreign country telling other people they weren't real fans. If you were to start telling people they weren't real Shels fans I'd take that same objection yet.

As an aside though, you're a completely different situation to whats being discussed here. You're from Dublin(I think?), Shels are your local club, you probably went to the games before but you've moved away. Thats a very different thing to some boy from Ireland suddenly deciding hes a diehard fan of a club they could never realistically see on a regular basis.

I can imagine supporting Shels can't be that much fun anymore since we're never on TV and its just a matter of checking up results

Not really. Shelbourne were never my local club growing up, Bohs were. I had absolutely no prior affiliation to the club whatsoever. I have even less now.

Both are your local clubs to be fair. Shels and Bohs aren't exactly hundreds of miles apart.

This wasn't what I was trying to say. I just took objection to people from a foreign country telling other people they weren't real fans. If you were to start telling people they weren't real Shels fans I'd take that same objection yet.

As an aside though, you're a completely different situation to whats being discussed here. You're from Dublin(I think?), Shels are your local club, you probably went to the games before but you've moved away. Thats a very different thing to some boy from Ireland suddenly deciding hes a diehard fan of a club they could never realistically see on a regular basis.

I can imagine supporting Shels can't be that much fun anymore since we're never on TV and its just a matter of checking up results

Nope, Bohs are. I had absolutely zero reason to start supporting Shels, the same way I had zero reason to start supporting City, and the same way all the other supporters of English clubs here had zero reason to support their teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

On the contrary, I'd view watching football on TV as purely entertainment.
    I suppose, as I alluded to earlier, that thats your opinion. What this has to do with being a fan is beyond me.

Seperately, I'll ask you once more, to address the whole measurement thing you were talking about earlier.
    Actually being there watching your team, supporting and cheering your side whether they're 4-0 up or 4-0 down is something different. Something that YOU, very obviously, would never comprehend or understand
    Aye, you know me so well...:rolleyes:

Thats classic. Watching football teams in foreign countries to which you have no real connection to on TV is just entertainment, the same as watching Gladiators.
    sure...
    People who follow football exclusively in this manner are not real football fans. Its that simple.
    tell that to the billions in china.
    It says 'Dublin' beside your location to the left of all your posts...
    Lol, I've been here since 2002 when I was based in Dublin. Would you like me to change it? i don't live there anymore, but I will if it perturbs you that much.....

Nope, Bohs are. I had absolutely zero reason to start supporting Shels, the same way I had zero reason to start supporting City, and the same way all the other supporters of English clubs here had zero reason to support their teams.

As pointed above, you're now just being pedantic.

Hobart wrote: »
    I suppose, as I alluded to earlier, that thats your opinion. What this has to do with being a fan is beyond me.

Seperately, I'll ask you once more, to address the whole measurement thing you were talking about earlier. Aye, you know me so well...:rolleyes:

sure...

tell that to the billions in china.

Lol, I've been here since 2002 when I was based in Dblin. Would you like me to change it? i don't live ther anymore, but I will if it perturbs you that much.....

You haven't actually made a single point in this post. For the third time I'll tell you that there is no measurement thing in my eyes. Will you listen this time? And there isn't plural billions in China, but em I'd gladly tell them if the opportunity arises.

Nope, Bohs are. I had absolutely zero reason to start supporting Shels
    I assume when you say you were a Shels fan you attended Tolka Park on a fairly regular basis. Being able to attend matches wasnt a factor in supporting them then......?

If you didnt attend matches then you are no more a Shels fan than you are a City fan.

• Advertisement

As pointed above, you're now just being pedantic.

No it's you who are being pedantic.

You said people shouldn't support Liverpool because it's not their local team, yet I support a eL team that is further from my home than both Bohs and Pats yet that's somehow ok. Contradiction tbh.

No it's you who are being pedantic.

You said people shouldn't support Liverpool because it's not their local team, yet I support a eL team that is further from my home than both Bohs and Pats yet that's somehow ok. Contradiction tbh.

They're still your local team. Or are you of the belief that you only have one local team?

I assume when you say you were a Shels fan you attended Tolka Park on a fairly regular basis. Being able to attend matches wasnt a factor in supporting them then......?

If you didnt attend matches then you are no more a Shels fan than you are a City fan.

Yep I was a regular in Tolka, barely missed a game when I was in school and went as much as possible while in college, much the same as the hoards of Liverpool fans who catch the ferry to Merseyside every second weekend.

They're still your local team. Or are you of the belief that you only have one local team?

Oh come on now. You really are splitting hairs. You either have a local team or you don't.

Or are you of the '20 mile radius' belief?

Hobart wrote: »
    tell that to the billions in china
    Dear Billions in China,

If you follow a football team exclusively through TV, you are not a real football fan.

Yours Truly,

CiaranC

There you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

The same country I'd hope at least.

So it's just being racist then.
    I'm sorry, but when has football ever being subject to the borders between countries?!

Get off your high horse.

You talk about how you won't hate England because of something that happened before you were born, but think that we're all wrong for supporting a club from England.

I don't give a f**k what country a club is from.
    I feel an infinity with Liverpool.
    Who are you to say that it's wrong of me to do so.

This stupid, I'm a real fan and your not bullsh*te is ruining this thread, which was going along well until it suddenly became a crime to support Liverpool unless your mother could spit on Anfield road from her labour bed.

If anyone here wants to argue about the definitions of what a real fan is, go and start a thread on the bloody matter, so I can ignore the pompous ramblings that are clogging this thread up.

This thread is about Liverpool fans, and the boycott of the sun newspaper.
    Leave it at that, and go congratulate yourself for living next to your club grounds somewhere else please.

Oh come on now. You really are splitting hairs. You either have a local team or you don't.
    Do you honestly not see the difference between following a team to which you can easily travel to matches on a 20 minute bus and following one several hundred or thousands of kilometers across one or more oceans?
    I'm sorry, but when has football ever being subject to the borders between countries?!
    Bwahaha. Barstoolers are hilarious.

Or are you of the '20 mile radius' belief?

A local team for me is the team thats easiest to travel to I suppose. Theres no set rule for it really obviously, but thats my slant on it. Either Shels or Bohs could have become my club, but it ended up becoming Shels. I'm waiting for you to pick some sort of hole in this and compare it to people supporting Liverpool or Man United but it just isn't the same.

Get off your high horse.

You talk about how you won't hate England because of something that happened before you were born, but think that we're all wrong for supporting a club from England.

I don't give a f**k what country a club is from.
    I feel an infinity with Liverpool.
    Who are you to say that it's wrong of me to do so.

This stupid, I'm a real fan and your not bullsh*te is ruining this thread, which was going along well until it suddenly became a crime to support Liverpool unless your mother could spit on Anfield road from her labour bed.

If anyone here wants to argue about the definitions of what a real fan is, go and start a thread on the bloody matter, so I can ignore the pompous ramblings that are clogging this thread up.

This thread is about Liverpool fans, and the boycott of the sun newspaper.
    Leave it at that, and go congratulate yourself for living next to your club grounds somewhere else please.

This is infact a thread on what a real Liverpool fan is. But nice rant, nonetheless.

• Advertisement

Do you honestly not see the difference between following a team to which you can easily travel to matches on a 20 minute bus and following one several hundred or thousands of kilometers across one or more oceans?

If the main reason that you suport a team is the comute time, then you don't support Jack.

It takes 3 hours by ferry to get to Liverpool.

It takes 45 minutes to fly from Dublin to Manchester.

It takes an hour and a half to get to Tolka from my house in Friday night traffic.

If the main reason that you suport a team is the comute time, then you don't support Jack.

Eh the commute time only actually applies if you make the commute though:D

It takes 3 hours by ferry to get to Liverpool.

It takes 45 minutes to fly from Dublin to Manchester.

It takes an hour and a half to get to Tolka from my house in Friday night traffic.

Forgetting the journey from the port or airport to the stadium, are we?

Forgetting the journey from the port or airport to the stadium, are we?

Well if you live in Santry it's only 5 minutes to the airport and if you live in town it's only 5 minutes to the ferry. At the other end it's 20 mins to the COMS from the airport.

The point I'm making is that nit picking at a couple of kilometres is a pathetic reason to criticise who someone supports.

Well if you live in Santry it's only 5 minutes to the airport and if you live in town it's only 5 minutes to the ferry. At the other end it's 20 mins to the COMS from the airport.

The point I'm making is that nit picking at a couple of kilometres is a pathetic reason to criticise who someone supports.

If the person actually makes that journey to that stadium most weeks, then fair play to them. I think they're misguided but still fair play. However this just isn't the common case.

• Advertisement

The main reasons I started supporting my team was its location. The fact that i could, you know, go see the team. I realise this is surplus to requirements for most Irish football 'fans'.

Anyways, Ive had my bi-annual laugh at the Barstool Brigades take on what a real football fan is. Thanks guys.

This is infact a thread on what a real Liverpool fan is. But nice rant, nonetheless.

Wow.
    Somebody should tell that to the thread title so, cause I don't think it knows!
    Liverpool FC & The S*n

Or maybe you should just read the original post, by the member who made the thread, to learn what this thread is about.
    That's the same member who has asked you to keep on topic.

Or maybe you should review the thread, and you'll see that this is what this whole thread was about untill you waded in telling me, a person who you've never met, that I'm not a real Liverpool fan.

You personally have been the driving force in going off topic here, even though you have been asked numerous times to stop.

But I suppose, you're right, again.
    Maybe the thread only thinks that it's about the Sun, but because the Suns main offices are in London, and this thread was started in Ireland, it's not a real thread, cause it hasn't gone to an arbitrary number of meetings decided by you, a fan of a different club!!!

Reported.

Get off your high horse.

I couldn't help but quote this part again haha. Some people will argue anything.

I couldn't help but quote this part again haha. Some people will argue anything.

Pot and kettle tbh. You're the one giving out about a few kilometres.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Ok, first off, i am well aware i'll be accused of being the "fan police" or whatever, but i dont care....in my opinion any Liverpool fan who reads/buys The S*n is a ****ing disgrace and should be ashamed of themselves.

the poster in question here (IrishMike) seems like a good bloke, and this is not a personal attack on him per say-i am just stunned that a good red would even think for a SECOND that buying that rag was alright and the fans should "get over it".

Then Irish fans complain about some local Liverpool fans over the city having little time for them and a poor opinion of them.......but is it any wonder when the standard of some of the fans going over? they treat going to the game like a stag party, and quite literally very often waltz up the ground with a copy of that rag under arm?!!?

All references in the original post to what a good Liverpool fan is. I took exception to that and questioned the idea of it. Completely on-topic.

• Advertisement

And some people will hold themselves above others, cause it makes them feel better about themselves.

Have fun with that.
    Slán.

Pot and kettle tbh. You're the one giving out about a few kilometres.

No I'm not really. I'm talking about a big sea that people can't walk across, and that most people don't seem willing to sail or fly across to see their team.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Same here, that is why I support Arsenal.

Elaborate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

DSB, stay on topic. don't respond to this, don't respond off topic again.

No I'm not really. I'm talking about a big sea that people can't walk across, and that most people don't seem willing to sail or fly across to see their team.

Ah so if there was a big magic bridge between Ireland and Liverpool it would be ok then?

And does that mean I can't fly Aer Arainn to Donegal next time Shels are away to Harps?

You haven't actually made a single point in this post. For the third time I'll tell you that there is no measurement thing in my eyes. Will you listen this time? And there isn't plural billions in China, but em I'd gladly tell them if the opportunity arises.
    I don't make a point, and yet you address a non-point?

I thought that you said that the measurement thing was exactly your point? No? Well then stop arguing about it FFS, you just make yourself look foolish if you argue about something you are not arguing about. I thought distance was a thing with you, obviously I was wrong.
    A local team for me is the team thats easiest to travel to I suppose.
    Actually...what? I thought it was not a measurement thing? Lol...
    This is infact a thread on the relathionship between the best selling tabloid in the UK and the Liverpool fans and frankly SFA got to do with what you have said above, but then again deviating from reality does seem to be a habit of yours.
    The main reasons I started supporting my team was its location. The fact that i could, you know, go see the team. I realise this is surplus to requirements for most Irish football 'fans'.

Anyways, Ive had my bi-annual laugh at the Barstool Brigades take on what a real football fan is. Thanks guys.

Good man Ciaran, go you. I hope you have many enjoyable nights watching your local team. If only we could all take an example from you, and "go see the team". I'm sure you are well respected and looked upon down below, and are an asset to "your" team. I, for one, am proud of you.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Everyone else back on topic.

If you post off topic before you see this, it better be deleted by the time I get back.

Anyone posting off topic 5 minutes after this post will be banned.

I still think the current bun is a rag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I don't buy the Sun, and I fully support the HJC.

That said, I don't have a baby if another fan mentions or quotes the paper. Life is too short really, isn't it?

It's got nothing to offer apart from the third page of course...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,018 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

+1
    I can't speak for you or for anybody else, but for me it's simple.
    I live and breathe Liverpool Football Club.
    And for most fans the same is true.

I consider myself as part of LFC, in my own insignifcant way, so yes, I do take it personally.

I hate seeing anything bad said about it, especially by our own fans.
    This is why I don't like Liverpool fans passing judgement on any player who pulls on the red jersey, before he's been given a proper chance to prove he deserves it.

If you're a passing fan, then fair enough, but if you're a true fan, then you immerse yourself in all aspects of the club.
    I honour the tragedies in LFC's history as much as I revel in it's glories.
    And in my own way, I think that this makes the whole fan experience deeper almost.

No matter how many times I see it, I get a tear in my eye, and a big goofy smile on my face every time I see "that" match in Istanbul.

And no matter how many years pass, and how many editors quit, I still tear up for a different reason when I think back to my memories of Hillsborough.

The fact that so many innocent Liverpool fans were killed is appalling.
    But for the dead, and those who lived through that - and were in shock from the horror of the tragedy - to be lied about, and disrespected in that way, all as part of what was basically a government cover-up, that's disgusting, and unforgivable.

The same spirit that had tens of thousands of Liverpool fans singing while 3-0 down in the Champions League final, is the same spirit that'll keep us honouring Hillsborough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

I never heard of this story but i dont understand why anyone would buy this paper anyway, it really is a s**t paper especailly in ireland as it only has 2 pages of irish news in it and the rest is british news! I think people who do buy it are really just braindead.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

Hi guys,

Just thought it would throw in my 2 cents on the rag. The rag are a shower and are boycotted for a reason that most of us Liverpool fans should now completely empathise and understand with, which doesn't seem to be the case for some. Espeically when your viewed as OTT supporters by local's in Liverpool it is annoying to see Irish Reds bringing the newspaper for example on the boat over to Liverpool or on the bus up to Anfield reading in the full glare of local scousers. It gets us Irish Reds a bad name when we go over to Anfield and Liverpool in general over reading the rag and their fabricated stories. Common sense should play it's part in this case and to stop reading the rag in front of scousers espeically who felt the full force and anger of that story back 4 days after Hillsborough. Respect is a big thing and as a fan i don't read the rag for this reason as by doing so disrespects HJC and their lost relatives who died tragically on that day in 1989.

Some of the comments on here in regards to LFC fans who read the rag is very naive to think that is ok to read on the way to a match at Anfield. The Hillsborough documentary by Jimmy McGovern was one of the most saddest and eyeopening for a young lad like me aged 12 in 1996 and it helped me know more about what went on even though my brothers told me years before but i didn't comphrehend at age 8 or 9. All we need to as LFC fans is look at it via the perspective of the families and seeing that headline come out when your in the process of burying your son or daughter, fathers etc..and you can understand the anger towards the rag. I for one boycott the rag due to these very reasons, they labelled Liverpool supporters as scum due to what happened with a minority at Heysel. No one deserved to lose their life in such a way at Hillsborough and for the people of Liverpool, the people and families of the bereaved to be tainted in such a way was a disgrace.

Boycott the rag -- Justice for the 96 RIP YNWA

On irishkop.com, i posted this poem as to dedicate my 2,000th post to the 96. I found it on a fellow Liverpool site, i think the poem is by Dave Kirkby so one of the lads that posted said he wrote it.

SCHOOLBOY HOLDS A LEATHER BALL
    IN A PHOTOGRAPH ON A BEDROOM WALL
    THE BED IS MADE, THE CURTAINS ARE DRAWN
    AS SILENCE GREETS THE BREAK OF DAWN

THE DUSK GIVES WAY TO MORNING LIGHT
    REVEALING SHADES OF RED AND WHITE
    WHICH HANG FROM POSTERS LOCKED IN TIME
    OF THE LIVERPOOL TEAM OF 89

UPON A PALE WHITE QUILTED SHEET
    A FOOTBALL KIT IS FOLDED NEAT
    WITH A YELLOW SCARF,TRIMMED WITH RED
    AND SOME FOOTBALL BOOTS BESIDE THE BED

IN HOPE, THE ROOM AWAKES EACH DAY
    TO SEE THE BOY WHO USED TO PLAY
    BUT ONCE AGAIN IT WAKES ALONE
    FOR THIS YOUNG BOY IS NOT COMING HOME

OUTSIDE, THE SPRINGTIME FILLS THE AIR
    THE SMELL OF LIFE IS EVERYWHERE
    VIOLA'S BLOOM AND TULIPS GROW
    WHILE DAFFODILS DANCE HEEL TO TOE

THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN SUCH SPECIAL TIMES
    FOR A BOY WHO'D NOW BE IN HIS PRIME
    BUT SPRING FOREVER TURNED TO GREY
    IN THE YORKSHIRE SUN, ONE APRIL DAY

THE CLOCK WAS LOCKED ON 3:06
    AS SUN SHONE DOWN UPON THE PITCH
    LIGHTING UP FACES ETCHED IN PAIN
    AS DEATH DESCENDS ON LEPPING'S LANE

BETWEEN THE BARS ARMS IS RAISED
    AMIDST A HUMAN TIDAL WAVE
    A YOUNG HAND YEARNING TO BE SAVED
    GROWS WEAK INSIDE THIS DEATHLY CAGE

A BOY NOT BARELY IN HIS TEENS
    IS LOST AMONGST THE DYING SCREAMS
    A BODY TOO FRAIL TO FIGHT FOR BREATH
    IS DROWNED BELOW A SEA OF DEATH

HIS OUTSTRETCHED ARM THEN DISAPPEARS
    TO SIGNAL THIRTEEN YEARS OF TEARS
    AS 96 SOULS OF THOSE WHO FELL
    AWAIT THE TOLL OF THE JUSTICE BELL

EVER SINCE THAT DISASTROUS DAY
    A VISION OFTEN COMES MY WAY
    I REACH AND GRAB HIS OUTSTRETCHED ARM
    THEN PULL HIM UP AWAY FROM HARM

WE BOTH EMBRACE WITH TEAR-FILLED EYES
    I THEN AWAKE TO REALISE
    ITS THE SAME OLD DREAM I HAVE EACH WEEK
    AS I QUIETLY CRY MYSELF TO SLEEP

ON APRIL THE 15TH EVERY YEAR
    WHEN ALL IS CALM AND SKIES ARE CLEAR
    BENEATH A YORKSHIRE GLOWING MOON
    A LONE SCOTS PIPER PLAYS A TUNE

THE TUNE RINGS OUT THE JUSTICE CAUSE
    THE WIND BLOWS WEST ACROSS THE MOORS
    IT PASSES BY THE ETERNAL FLAME
    THEN ENGULFS A YOUNG BOY PICTURE FRAME

HIS ROOM IS AS IT WAS THAT DAY
    FOR THIRTEEN YEARS ITS STAYED THAT WAY
    UNTOUCHED AND FROZEN FOREVER IN TIME
    SINCE THAT TRAGGIC DAY IN 89

AND AS IT PLAYS ITS HAUNTING SOUND
    TEARS ARE HEARD FROM MILES AROUND
    THEY'RE TEARS FROM FAMILIES OF THOSE WHO FELL
    AWAITING THE TOLL OF THE JUSTICE BELL!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Mr Alan wrote: »
    99 x 6 = 594,000 per week (no sunday paper)

News of the World.

i dont / wouldnt buy the sun regardless of hillsborough because its a sensationalist pile of w@nk which has absolutely no problem in destroying ppls lives. nice to see robert murat get £600,000 off them yesterday tho :)

a nice time saving tip is if u do buy the sun, why not hit ur head off the wall 3/4 times instead? it will help u get to the level of intelligence where u obviously want to be.

an absolute rag of a piece of literature. if u do buy it and read it, then take a good long hard look at yourself and think "am i really happy"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Sweet mother of god what happened this thread?
    Any chance someone could delete the last 4 pages of complete off topic bull about plastic fans?
    Make your own damn thread DSB etc if you want to discuss that

Back on topic .........
    Al asked me why i read the sun, fact is i dont.
    What i do however do is look at their transfer stories online on sites like the BBC
    and regularly post interesting ones in the Liverpool thread.
    Why do i do this ? Simple FACT is that the Sun has the most accurate gossip
    of any tabloid in the UK.
    Paper Right Total Num Accuracy
    The Guardian 8 19 42.11%
    The Independent 12 31 38.71%
    The Express 16 42 38.1%
    Daily Record 1 3 33.33%
    Daily Telegraph 6 22 27.27%
    The Sun 30 117 25.64%
    Daily Mail 17 73 23.29%
    Daily Star 17 75 22.67%
    The Times 10 48 20.83%
    News Of The World 12 79 15.19%
    http://www.footballtransferleague.co.uk/football_club.aspx?football_club=Liverpool
    Have a look and see if you dont believe me.

All this complete bull about the Sun hating Liverpool is beyond a joke
    The current editor repeatedly came out and apologised for the story.
    I posted the link in one of the posts on the first page and cant be bothered getting it again.
    There is also a story to that effect on the BBC website with direct quotes.
    So for me thats the end of the story, there was a tragedy, people died, the sun made
    up a shocking story to sell papers, there was a revolt in Liverpool, the editor left, the
    paper apologised, Liverpool fans refused the apology.
    For me thats how the story played out.
    I dont give a crap that McKensie had a column in the Sun recently, he also presents tv
    shows on the BBC are "real" fans of Liverpool going to boycott the BBC now too?

Its a transfer rumour, i like to hear them and so i post them in the thread.
    If they were inaccurate bull like the people (8% accurate) then i would ignore them
    but they are not so i for one will continue to be interested in them.
    Hating the Sun is borderline bigotry in my eyes and thats not the type of person i am.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Jazzy wrote: »
    News of the World.

a nice time saving tip is if u do buy the sun, why not hit ur head off the wall 3/4 times instead? it will help u get to the level of intelligence where u obviously want to be.

if u do buy it and read it, then take a good long hard look at yourself and think "am i really happy"

I don't read The Sun but I don't go around thinking people who read it are stupid and need to take a look at themselves. I mean come on, are you serious :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

jaykay74 wrote: »
    I don't read The Sun but I don't go around thinking people who read it are stupid and need to take a look at themselves. I mean come on, are you serious :confused:

im more asking why sum1 would want to read it tbh. surely there are better things to be doing during the day. life is too short to indulge in such a rag

im more asking why sum1 would want to read it tbh. surely there are better things to be doing during the day. life is too short to indulge in such a rag

Why do people read the daily sport or glossy gossip magazines for crying out loud?
    Nearly 4m people a day read the sun so surely there must be something about it they like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

There are people out there that like to read that type of sh!te, it's not just the Sun, the rest of the red tops contain the same drivel.

If a Liverpool fan reads the Sun every day, I personally don't hold any issue/grudge whatsoever against that person. It's their choice.
    There are enough of Liverpool fans out there boycotting it to make a valid stance against the Sun, but, there is always gonna be a small percentage of Liverpool fans that will buy it, and that ain't gonna change.

/Edit:........and life is too short to hold so much hatred/angst against anyone

• Advertisement

DeadSkin wrote: »
    There are people out there that like to read that type of sh!te, it's not just the Sun, the rest of the red tops contain the same drivel.

If a Liverpool fan reads the Sun every day, I personally don't hold any issue/grudge whatsoever against that person. It's their choice.
    There are enough of Liverpool fans out there boycotting it to make a valid stance against the Sun, but, there is always gonna be a small percentage of Liverpool fans that will buy it, and that ain't gonna change.

Its far from a small percentage in fairness.
    They sold 2000 issues in Istanbul the day of the CL final.

This is not a thread to discuss whether people who read tabloids are
    intelligent or not, this thread has gone off for the vast majority of posts
    why not try and keep it on topic for a while?

Advertisement