Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Ancient Human/Alien Technology and Civilisations?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

King Mob wrote: »
    looks like a whale.

Thank you for proving my point :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

6th wrote: »
    Thank you for proving my point :D
    And the ancient could be a bad representation of a bird or a fish.

If in fact it's more likely to be a bird or a fish than because there is nothing else to show the Mayans had flying machines.

The only thing put forward by MC was that it looked like an airplane. Now because it doesn't look exactly like a plane he has to make up a flying machine to fit the shape of the artifact. That's not exactly evidence of anything

So if that's the case how can you conclude the Mayans had flying machines if there is no evidence?

I dont conclude that they had, I'm just poitning out that the arguements you've used are as bad as his

A: It looks like a plane
    B: But that doesnt look like it could fly

I dont conclude that they had, I'm just poitning out that the arguements you've used are as bad as his

A: It looks like a plane
    B: But that doesnt look like it could fly

I was using "you" in a rhetoric sense.

I think you misunderstand my argument. I'm not saying it is definitely a fish or a bird. I'm saying it's more likely to be a bird or a fish because there is no other evidence to suggest the Mayans had airplanes.

I'm asking if there is any other evidence that they did.

I'm addressing the arguement that if a craft was built like the trinket that it wouldnt fly.

• Advertisement

I'm addressing the arguement that if a craft was built like the trinket that it wouldnt fly.

Like the glider/blimp thing MC suggested or a powered plane?

That's not the argument I'm using.

MC suggested it wasn't a fish because a fish didn't have a delta wing.
    But if it couldn't be a fish because of this inconsistency, it couldn't be a plane because there is just as many inconsistencies between it and a plane. (delta wing and a tail and with those nubs on the tail plane.)

He then argued that it wasn't meant to be an accurate representation of a plane.
    But if that's the case why can't be be an inaccurate representation of a fish or an even worse one of a bird?

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭ilkhanid

The only way they can arrive is by spaceship? What are you basing these rules/limitations on? Only playing devils advocate here but why could a ship not hozer over land and set down vertically?

Well, if they have this VTOL capability, then why bother with landing strips?

ilkhanid wrote: »
    Well, if they have this VTOL capability, then why bother with landing strips?

You clearly did read my further posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

any 5 year old build a kite or paper air plane. Theres a world of difference between NASA and a kite.
    If there was constance evidence of regular landings via landing strips, don't you think their would be chemical evidence of rockets helping to stall landings? Or some kind of evidence of the maths being argued to ensure safe landings.

Theres no additional evidence that Sth American Societies had technology beyond the middle ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

You clearly did read my further posts.

Its pretty simple you are suggesting that they can go from a low earth orbit to a VTOAL which is absurd. If they have the technology to do the above why do they need 23km run ways.

It's like suggesting they have the capacity for snap landings and at the same time need landing strips longer than any space shuttle landing in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Soulja boy

Actually the plane images is kinda funny, it shows up in a lot of places, triangle motifs are common in crude art throughout history because of its basic shape. Adding a line or two to it gives you a plane.
    It comes back to the statistical most common shapes in peoples mind.

Think of a colour and a tool: red hammer is the most common answer.
    Think of a shape: gets you a triangle.

Soulja boy, whic of your accounts do you want to use in this forum? Answer by PM please.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭jaybee747

Hi folks, sort of stumpled upon this thread and find it a great read, haven't got anything to add yet but am going to read up about it as it is very interesting stuff. I did however do a quick look up of the plane/fish artifact and found the below,don't now if it's the exact one but close enough.

34so749.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Soulja boy

Also I would like to indicate the image of planes goes back a close to 500 years.
    Kites existed in china and the west long before the concept of 'lift was identified. They often had things attached to them.
    Its entirely possible that image is of a kite used for some kind of fishing or something.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

The OP approach to this one Central American artifact and cleared space is not scientific, in that it first postulates (or otherwise claims) that it's an airfield and aircraft, then looks for anything that would confirm that claim in a self-fulfilling way?*

If we were to loosely borrow from the scientific method, we would first state a research hypothesis that there was a relationship between the appearance of the artifact and a flying machine? But we would not test that. In order not to get trapped into a self-fulfilling prophecy where we tended to focus only on confirming aspects, by convention, we would then state the research hypothesis in the null (i.e., that there was no relationship), and proceed to test that? All aspects of the object would be examined and listed, not just those that tended to confirm it as a flying object.

Other methods would need be applied to be scientific? What was the chain of custody regarding the object? When first discovered? How first discovered? Passed through whose hands? Dating techniques? Could it have been broken over time, with parts missing, or modified by someone more contemporary to either look like something other than the original object, or to deceive (anyone remember the missing link fraud discovered in England with the jawbone of an ape attached to a human skull)?

Dating techniques? How can they be certain that this artifact is Pre-Columbian? If it's made of gold, they cannot carbon date it. If they found it in a dig, how can they be certain that the site had not been disturbed more recently? I remember a popular film where the archaeologists got all excited in one of their digs in a Mayan ruin, thinking it had not been disturbed, only to find a Pepsi bottle cap also in the dig among the artifacts.

*For fun, I committed the same error (knowingly) in a post, with the flying fish claim for the artifact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭mewmoo

categoric proof of human contact with Alien civilizations...

http://www.nextnature.net/?p=3457

I shat myself when I saw this first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

mewmoo wrote: »
    categoric proof of human contact with Alien civilizations...

http://www.nextnature.net/?p=3457

I shat myself when I saw this first.

I assume you're taking the piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

foxinsox wrote: »
    Not derailing the thread of it's plane/fish angle.. but

I read a book recently and found it fascinating, covers some of the things mentioned in this thread already,not saying it's true or I believed all of it but it made me google lots and read some very interesting things referring to ancient civilisations!

Fingerprints of the Gods by Graham Hancock

Just my small addition to the thread...

There is stuff on youtube about it too!

:confused:

Graham hankcock has some really interesting theories about ancient Eygpt in particualr the pyramids does he talk about the nasca line in that book dont suppose he can shed any light on the strange golden artifact?...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

jaybee747 wrote: »
    Hi folks, sort of stumpled upon this thread and find it a great read, haven't got anything to add yet but am going to read up about it as it is very interesting stuff. I did however do a quick look up of the plane/fish artifact and found the below,don't now if it's the exact one but close enough.

34so749.jpg

nice photos good find where did you come across those? was there a description with them by any chance where were they found....

Advertisement