Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Uefa Cup round 1 draw

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Nice draw for Villa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Really this has all been covered before. Silly post.

Yep well said. Its not the gaas fault, its just one of the reasons why soccer isnt at a higher level here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Interesting draw for Everton..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Toffees won't be laughing now.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I had a feeling they'd get Standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

SAINTS TO FACE HERTHA BERLIN
    St Patrick’s Athletic will face Hertha Berlin in the UEFA Cup First Round following this afternoon’s draw in Monaco.

St Pats will hold a press briefing in The Media Centre in Richmond Park this afternoon, 29th August 2008, at 3.00 p.m. Manager John McDonnell and some first team players will be available to meet the press and give their thoughts on today’s draw.

The Saints defeated JFK Olimps of Latvia and Sweden’s IF Elfsborg to qualify for the First Round proper of this season’s competition.

The first leg will take place in Berlin on the 18th September. St Pats will then host the return leg in the RDS on 2nd October. Kick off times for both games are to be decided.

Im booked:D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

What's the capacity of the RDS?

It's not a lazy question, it's probably different to rugby matches :)

Are you going to go to Berlin, KdjcCL? I doubt i'll be able to get time off work. I'd love to go to it. Great city as well to go to. A long weekend should be made of it.

I don't really expect us to get through, but if he could just keep the tie alive when we get the 2nd leg back in Dublin, then you never know?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

monkey9 wrote: »
    Are you going to go to Berlin, KdjcCL? I doubt i'll be able to get time off work. I'd love to go to it. Great city as well to go to. A long weekend should be made of it.

I don't really expect us to get through, but if he could just keep the tie alive when we get the 2nd leg back in Dublin, then you never know?!!

yup

shame i will miss the game tho, german tv threw bags of money at pats and its being switched to tuesday the 16th :mad:

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

micmclo wrote: »
    What's the capacity of the RDS?

It's not a lazy question, it's probably different to rugby matches :)

18,500. Same as for the rugby matches. Its actually a fantastic stadium for atmosphere when there are 14,000+ in there.

Will UEFA allow it to be used though? The North, South and Grand Stands are temp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,898 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Happy with our draw

Bayern Munich are at home to Hertha Berlin at 4pm today, live on Setanta Sports 1, for anyone interested in Pat's next opponents

Advertisement