Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

getting rejected for btea

• 19-08-2014 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello I maybe fussing over nothing but I am extremely worried about being rejected back to education allowance. I have been getting btea for two years now and Im now going to thrid level education this year the problem is im only 23 and it says on citizensinformation.ie that you must be 24 to get btea on a thrid level course. I have read there are ways around this restriction but I am not completely sure what they are can anybody explian them to me. Also if I do get rejected can i leave college and go back on jobseekers as I would not be able to afford college and I have a baby on the way so I cannot afford to be left with nothing. Lastly does susi accept late applications for college fees.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Eevy15

Hi I have just been rejected myself but under different circumstances. I have just found out that susi are definatley still taking late applications.
    Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Darth Floodric

Im not sure about being 24. I think that may be incorrect though. if you don't get accepted then you will be able to go back on job seekers. They won't leave you stranded especially with a child. Susi deadline was on August 1st, however, you may still apply but you will be on the bottom of the pile and waiting for a good while for it yo come through

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Darth Floodric

"In general, to qualify for the BTEA you must be over 21 or over 24 for post graduate courses (see also 'Age limits' below) and have been getting a qualifying social welfare payment. You must always have been accepted onto a qualifying course."

that is from citizen information. you only need to be over 24 if you are doing a postgraduate so I think you are OK

Also eevy15 may I ask why you were rejected

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Eevy15

I got accepted to do a Masters in Education at Hibernia College Dublin however the department of social welfare have said it is not recognized as a course for Back to Education because it is an online course.

However according to welfare.ie and citizens information it says the only post graduate courses recognized for the back to education allowance is a 'Masters in Education'

Quote from site:

''Postgraduate courses

Only postgraduate courses in Ireland are eligible for the BTEA scheme. You can get the Back to Education Allowance for a postgraduate course of study that leads to a Higher Diploma (H.Dip.) qualification in any discipline or a Professional Masters in Education. ''

• Registered Users Posts: 4 djshakez

Thanks guys I didnt relise it only applied to post graduate courses I must have read it wrong the first time and panicked haha. you wouldnt believe the relief I feel right now thanks :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement