Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to access 7.8GB of data in DVD iso

Options
  • 11-08-2014 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I have an iso image of DVD data that is 7.8GB in size.

This is program data from the public domain, it is not copyrighted or
    some movie dvd I want to copy.

I cannot put this data on a blank DVD as they only take 4GB.

Can I use a program like unetbootin or imgburn and a 16GB usb stick
    to create an unpacked usb that would be "live" ?

The ideal outcome would be using the usb stick like a DVD and being able inserting
    it into a computer and access the contents of the disk.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

You need to mount the ISO image file onto your PC, this will mount it as a read only drive and give it a new drive letter.

Something like MagicISO should do this for you fairly easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

If its a bootable image you want to boot from, use unetbootin or YUMI (http://www.pendrivelinux.com/downloads/YUMI/YUMI-2.0.0.7.exe) to write it to a USB stick

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭free_man

There are many free ISO emulator which will allow you to open ISO files
    1> Isobuster
    2> DAEMON Tools Lite
    3> Microsoft Virtual CDRom Control Panel
    4> WinCDEmu (I used this and its very handy)
    many more

Search for ISO emulator on google. I cannot post links

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

DAEMON Tools Lite

Or buy Duel layer DVDS that support 8.5GB http://www.amazon.co.uk/Verbatim-43666-Double-Silver-Spindle/dp/B0015Y9LQY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407774327&sr=8-1&keywords=dvd+dual+layers

But see if your DVD burner supports the discs as for backing up my 360 games i had to use a over burner DVD drive

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭djerk

you could re-encode the movie to fit onto a standard dvd with dvd shrink http://www.dvdshrink.org or rip into some avi/mkv format.
    Most DVD video titles are simply too large to fit, without modification, onto a single recordable DVD-R disk. DVDShrink overcomes this problem by compressing or "shrinking" the data from your original DVD.

if you have windows 8 it has built in emulation, simply right click the iso and mount it (or use some of the software mentioned in the post above)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

djerk wrote: »
    if you have windows 8 it has built in emulation, simply right click the iso and mount it

The data in question was program files not film data.

I have Windows 8 and this has worked perfectly.

Maybe Windows 8 isn't a total failure after all :)

Thanks to all for posting.

Advertisement