Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waiting for susi.

• 03-08-2014 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey everyone,

Has anyone that's applied in late May received notification from SUSI as to whether they've been awarded their grant or not?

I applied on the 21st of May and susi received all of my support documentation on the 11th of July.

I going back to college as a mature student and cannot go without the assistance of the grant paying my fees. It's one month before college begins and I feel like I can't make any preparations until I know I have this grant.
    It's frustrating to say the least.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

I m as far as "awaiting final course acceptance" and I applied in early may.

I ticked the cao box for that so its waiting game now.

My colleges wants fees paid on registration day unless a grant has being approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Triri

Okay, best of luck with that so.

I hope we hear soon.

Since I'm going as a mature I'm not waiting for the cao as I've already been offered and accepted my course.

Fingers crossed the grant comes through for us, and soon!

I am a mature student too and have accepted and registered for my course but until cao inform susi I won't be formally awarded a grant. That's what I'm waiting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Triri

Owryan wrote: »
    I am a mature student too and have accepted and registered for my course but until cao inform susi I won't be formally awarded a grant. That's what I'm waiting on.

Oh right, are you sure about that? You say you've been offered and accepted your course through the cao? What is there left to wait for? Surely the cao informed susi back when you accepted your place on your course?!
    I didn't choose the cao to share my information and instead I filled out the final course acceptance form.

Triri wrote: »
    Oh right, are you sure about that? You say you've been offered and accepted your course through the cao? What is there left to wait for? Surely the cao informed susi back when you accepted your place on your course?!
    I didn't choose the cao to share my information and instead I filled out the final course acceptance form.

Im waiting on SUSI to send me the letter approving my grant. Going on last year everything was approved early but the letter was still a long time coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

i have sent in my application and it is being checked but i keep getting emails to say it hasnt been received and that the closing date is coming up soon. i hope these are standard group emails :/ and im not stuck in a tent outside my college

• Registered Users Posts: 38 itsoktobehappy

Hi. Anyone hear anything yet? Hoping to hear very soon as have to pay fees soon. I applied in the first week but only sent course acceptance letter about three weeks ago. Is it a good sign if they haven't contacted me to request anything?

Thanks for all help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

I'm waiting too. Applied in May. They received ally document son July 10th and still no response from them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭bizzyb

Jwacqui wrote: »
    I'm waiting too. Applied in May. They received ally document son July 10th and still no response from them!

The have mine since June 24th and still nothing!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    i have sent in my application and it is being checked but i keep getting emails to say it hasnt been received and that the closing date is coming up soon. i hope these are standard group emails :/ and im not stuck in a tent outside my college

i havent gotten those emails, id be ringing susi if i were u

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

i havent gotten those emails, id be ringing susi if i were u
    Agree with this. Im going into second year, theyve had my forms since late june, just waiting on them to approve the grant. Cant go back to college if i dont get it. Its so annoying the way it is left until the last minute for approval.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Rocking_roxy

I sent all my final documents in on 28th of July. My application online just says "awaiting assesment". My course starts on 1st of September aaaaaah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I sent all my final documents in on 28th of July. My application online just says "awaiting assesment". My course starts on 1st of September aaaaaah!

To be honest this is usual. You may not know even at the start of September.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

i gave susi a call and have cleared up my issues. they will be back to people soon as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

I'd at least like to get to the documentation stage. Been on the "Application received and being checked" section for coming up to 6 weeks now

• Registered Users Posts: 38 itsoktobehappy

Yeah, that's all I want. A yes or a no at this stage. I don't need a cheque just yet but to be able to plan for the next year would be great. I wonder has anyone heard yet at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

So do colleges wait until the susi grants are sent out to accept payment, or do we have to pay them from our own pocket and wait until the grants are sent out to be reimbursed?

• Advertisement

So do colleges wait until the susi grants are sent out to accept payment, or do we have to pay them from our own pocket and wait until the grants are sent out to be reimbursed?

I think it's college dependent. I phoned the college im going to and they said put your susi application number on your registration and fees form when it comes out and if it is still being accessed you dont pay till the case has been decided. Have heard stories of some colleges getting to pay in installments until sort and have heard of others that dont require you to pay till sorted but may not let you use library or gym facilities etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Each college decides its own processes and rules

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Spritzernitzle

I'd at least like to get to the documentation stage. Been on the "Application received and being checked" section for coming up to 6 weeks now

I've been on the "Application received and being checked" stage for 7 weeks now, I have called susi and they have told me to sit tight basically but this has me fairly concerned, :(

I've been on the "Application received and being checked" stage for 7 weeks now, I have called susi and they have told me to sit tight basically but this has me fairly concerned, :(

funny enough the day i posted this i went home to find the susi documentation pack waiting

Advertisement