Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭tripperman

Started off last night that I kept getting signed out of red zone, then when I watched my chargers game kept going back 20 seconds or some error message telling me it wasn't available for 160 it's a piss take and no refund yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

I've put in a request for a chargeback on Revolut which will go to Mastercard. Had to wait for around an hour for Revolut Cust Support. Gave them a basic rundown of what has happened. Sent them a link to the independent UK piece about the lying on the app etc.

They reviewed and sent me a link to chargeback page. Sent in a bit more details incl screenhots of the 20% refund email etc and how the service was still not working as expected for me.

Mastercard rules allow 45 days for the Merchant to respond. About the same as Game Pass so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Just got my email on the refund.

But unless there is a big increase in quality on the regular season i likely wont renew

Just got my email on the refund.

But unless there is a big increase in quality on the regular season i likely wont renew

Full refund or their 20%?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,365 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

[QUOTE=Patww79;105065013]Had the game in 40 watched before I got out of bed at 6:45. That's more like it.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like winning at life.

Patww79 wrote: »

6:05 for myself if on the early shift. Although lets not turn this into a Monty Python sketch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

You think you had it tough? I have to sleep in a rolled up newspaper on the side of the road and my alarm goes off 30 minutes before I get to sleep.

(actually that last part is true but for all the wrong reasons :o )

• Advertisement

Billy86 wrote: »
    You think you had it tough? I have to sleep in a rolled up newspaper on the side of the road and my alarm goes off 30 minutes before I get to sleep.

(actually that last part is true but for all the wrong reasons :o )

You had a road ? You were lucky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭howiya

Got email from gamepass today saying they have processed the refund and should appear in account within 10 days...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    howiya wrote: »
    Got email from gamepass today saying they have processed the refund and should appear in account within 10 days...

Got the email to say I'm getting my 20% refund, €32

Mine went in either yesterday or Thursday also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    They're offering a special mid-season rate of €41 - I have had two free trials until now but just decided to sign up - not much to lose at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

fisgon wrote: »
    They're offering a special mid-season rate of €41 - I have had two free trials until now but just decided to sign up - not much to lose at that price.

A ridiculous question perhaps but what would be the renewal rate for next year if you took up a mid-season pass? Full rate or reduced?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

fisgon wrote: »

Go for that, good offer.

What a bunch of toerags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Thats for the essential version though right? So you don't get all of the games on Sundays?

A ridiculous question perhaps but what would be the renewal rate for next year if you took up a mid-season pass? Full rate or reduced?

I can't see why the discount would extend to next year, so I imagine it would be full rate.

• Advertisement

Thats for the essential version though right? So you don't get all of the games on Sundays?

Yes, whatever the cheapest product is (don't know the names) - I only ever watch redzone anyway. There is also a discount on the more expensive level, seventy something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

I got my 20% refund last week. I have also not had any problems with the product in the last couple of weeks. Condensed games are there early, and I haven't had any Sunday problems.

I have started to thaw a bit in my opinion.

I won't be in Europe for the EU version next year but I do agree the last three weeks or so have run pretty much flawlessly for me I think. I also got my refund about a week back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

D9Male wrote: »
    I got my 20% refund last week. I have also not had any problems with the product in the last couple of weeks. Condensed games are there early, and I haven't had any Sunday problems.

I have started to thaw a bit in my opinion.

I’m also happy enough with it the past few weeks and having the Game in 40 up early is very welcome.

However my one small gripe is probably a result of them rushing to get the condensed game up so quickly in that they strip out too much. For example in last night’s game there was a 1st down negated by a personal foul or something and no replay of the foul was shown.

I’m not saying I want a replay of every false start or hold but big penalties costing 15 yards like roughing the passer or personal fouls should be shown as well as replays of TDs and turnovers.

Small gripe though.

Revolut have approved my chargeback but still will be waiting till near the middle of December.

Havent had the obvious major issues over the last few weeks, but I still cant stream to an acceptable quality to TV unless I do it directly from my phone, which means I cant do split screen etc.

Also Gamepass didnt answer any emails I sent them. Plus I dont trust that it wont just go down again.

Shame as the service is great on paper.

Is anyone else having problems with the audio on gamepass ? It sounds to me that something is unplugged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I’m also happy enough with it the past few weeks and having the Game in 40 up early is very welcome.

However my one small gripe is probably a result of them rushing to get the condensed game up so quickly in that they strip out too much. For example in last night’s game there was a 1st down negated by a personal foul or something and no replay of the foul was shown.

I’m not saying I want a replay of every false start or hold but big penalties costing 15 yards like roughing the passer or personal fouls should be shown as well as replays of TDs and turnovers.

Small gripe though.

To be fair I'm finding the condensed games are running at 35 or so minutes most of the time now. That's about ten minutes longer than they were earlier in the season. Condensed games are never going to be perfect but they're doing ok, IMO.

I'm pretty happy right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Zoton

Not being able to adjust the quality of the stream is incredibly frustrating. Picture quality is garbage all evening.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Zoton wrote: »
    Not being able to adjust the quality of the stream is incredibly frustrating. Picture quality is garbage all evening.

I've noticed a massive difference when I watch on my Xbox. Game is always HD but on the laptop its all over the shop.

• Advertisement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭coco0981

Red zone wouldn't work on Xbox app tonight, been watching it on tablet instead. Maybe just as well as the delay on Xbox is about 2 minutes I'd say so get a lot of spoilers on Twitter etc

I've given up on casting from laptop to TV. Quality is too varied and glitchy. Never as good as when I use from app on phone, but then it's a pain to switch games.

As much as they may have all of the problems ironed out next year, Id rather watch redzone on sky and get a free stream of a game.

I also hate the feeling of getting ripped off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

coco0981 wrote: »
    Red zone wouldn't work on Xbox app tonight, been watching it on tablet instead. Maybe just as well as the delay on Xbox is about 2 minutes I'd say so get a lot of spoilers on Twitter etc
    No redzone on Xbox for me either.
    Just had a quick look and the NFL gamepass Europe Twitter is inundated with complaints once again. Passing the buck and they seem to be putting the blame on microsoft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Have heard all of the above feedback off mates also, Xbox in particular seems to be terrible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Weird, I thought Xbox was always consistently best for quality? I used it for the first time last night and apart from the pain in the arse finding the app and typing in passwords etc. it worked perfectly in HD or close to it with no switching rates or anything. Better than chromecasting and probably better than chrome browser imo.

hots wrote: »
    Weird, I thought Xbox was always consistently best for quality? I used it for the first time last night and apart from the pain in the arse finding the app and typing in passwords etc. it worked perfectly in HD or close to it with no switching rates or anything. Better than chromecasting and probably better than chrome browser imo.
    It is....
    Just to clarify, no redzone was the only problem the Xbox app was having last night. Everything else (For me anyway) was working perfectly as usual. In fact this and one Sunday it kept signing out for about 2 hours, are the only problems I've had with it. The odd time I use the android app I never have problems either.

No Game in 40 up at 7.50am. I don't like that.

It's there now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭tripperman

Just after looking and the discount/refund never arrived

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭myate

I've been a GP subscriber for about 5 years. After week 7 just had enough. And the 20% wasn't nearly enough. If you email & contact them everyday until they get back to you, then keep emailing, they'll refund in full & cancel your account. Just checked my account and the 20% came through, followed by the rest of the refund.

It's tough going not having it but it wasn't working properly, but I can live with RedZone for this year...the Niners games aren't exactly quality at the moment!!

tripperman wrote: »
    Just after looking and the discount/refund never arrived
    I paid via PayPal and my discount was dated received on 27th October.

Once again, no GI40 uploaded at 7.50. That makes it a waste of money for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

They were doing quite well on that front for the last while but that’s twice now this week there’s been an unacceptable delay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

To be fair it was up before 8am on Monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    How's everyone finding the time delay? Do you find it has improved over last year?

I switched over to Redzone on Sky Sports Mix (waiting for the poxy tennis to finish) while I had GP RZ on my phone, and it was almost perfectly in sync.

Was texting a mate who was using Sky Mix Redzone who was about one play ahead of me the other night, but another friend of ours in Vancouver was about one play behind me.

We all had Jags -7.5 so it caused a fair bit of confusion when they had the fumble return for a TD to get us in the money, have it overruled for no good reason (isn't the play supposed to be let run out, then reviewed after instead of just whistled dead for down by contact?), then a few minutes later get another one with five minutes later with 1:15 to go! :p

Otherwise it's been working fine for me the last few weeks since the big mess up, I use it on the computer with four games together - if I tab away for more than 2-3 mins and come back it's quite badly pixelated at first but that might actually be quite smartly designed to save my (and Gamepass's!) bandwidth since it's the only time it happens and it gets right back to speed within 10-15 seconds of returning to the Gamepass tab.

When I just went on to game pass to watch nfl network a notification box came up saying that the blackout games for sunday were X and Y which I had to click off.

Don't tell me they've got the blackouts sorted. I won't be able to watch the Eagles game in full now if that's the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Got a message for the first time saying 2 games will be blacked out. Hopefully it won't be too hard to overcome .

• Advertisement
Advertisement