Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New York shopping for larger ladies?

• 23-07-2008 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭

Goin to NYC in a couple of weeks & everyone's talking about the shopping. How and ever i've looked at a few of the more popular sites and they don't really go to larger sizes. I know these designer clothes don't usually come taht big, and even the XL clothes don't fit me frown.gif Whilst I'm planning on dieting and the likes, I'll never be able to slim down enuf for the clothes. Don't wanna feel like an even bigger frump if all my friends are buying fashionable clothes though. Just wondering are all the designer/brand stuff smaller sizes? I'd be a size 16/18 maybe. Id just like to buy nice clothes like the rest of the girls. As it is I'm dreading going to the beach as I REFUSE to wear a swimsuit (bikini is mosdt definitley out) so just wonderin what the crack is really wit it all. thanks. Oh yeah and I'm 23.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Bubble19

i know it could be way to late to post a reply but i was in new york 2yrs ago im a 16-18 also im 19. Every single shop (excluding Forever21 and Abercrombie) did upto a size UK20 you def will have no problem anywhere except what i mentioned! Try sticking to Macys they do all designer gear from famous designers in large sizes and also American Eagle were pretty hott for the latest gear! Tommy Hilfiger would do upto a good size 20 aswell so u def wont have a prob!

Enjoy your holiday and relax you'll be grand and stylish coming home!!
    Wish i could go back...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭BubbleWrap85

Thank you so much! Forever21 do beautiful clothes [saw their online site!] and I'd love to be a size 12 to fit into them. Beautiful dresses. Some day eh :) Thanks for your reply, I'm off tomorrow and feeling a lot more relaxed now. Thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Don't forget US sizes are usually a good bit bigger than the ones here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Bubble19

Hey Special K,
    Posted you a reply there a few weeks ago before you went to the states!
    Just wondering how u got on im very curious? You home with all the style? :D

Advertisement