Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how to apply for BTEA??

• 29-07-2014 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

hi all!

Heading to college soon and first time applying for btea.
    I printed off the form today but i'm a bit confused with the written confirmation from admissions office bit.

dont you have to apply for btea before your course starts?
    At present i have the cao course acceptance letter but thats it and i don't think that alone will cut it with dsp either.

Do i just just apply now and wait until i get the registration letter later in college?
    Then again, it states on the form i have here that they wont even accept the application without admissions office letter.

Stress of third level education already lol

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭nobodyknows

you apply now and give them the CAO acceptance letter as proof that you've been accepted on a course, then in September when you register you can get a letter from the admissions office of your college and bring it into them as proof you've registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Half Rhodesian

thank you nobodyknows :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Alice22

I just posted in my application, but I am still working, I just read that you had to be unemployed for 9 months to apply, is this true? I am working up north as I couldn't get work in the Republic last year. Does anybody know? Many thanks.

Alice22 wrote: »
    I just posted in my application, but I am still working, I just read that you had to be unemployed for 9 months to apply, is this true? I am working up north as I couldn't get work in the Republic last year. Does anybody know? Many thanks.

you need to be on one of the welfare payments listed below for 9 months I'm afraid.

Jobseeker's Allowance or Jobseeker's Benefit
    Farm Assist
    One-Parent Family Payment
    Deserted Wife's Benefit or Allowance
    Widow's, Widower's or Surviving Civil Partner's (Contributory) Pension
    Widow's, Widower's or Surviving Civil Partner's (Non-Contributory) Pension
    Prisoners Wife's Allowance
    Carer's Allowance
    Blind Pension
    Disability Allowance
    Invalidity Pension
    Incapacity Supplement (based on a life Disablement Pension)
    Illness Benefit (for 2 years or more)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Alice22

:( Aw, thanks nobody knows...
    I am trying hard to believe that I can actually start my course at Trinity in September. I was counting on being able to get the back to education assistance :(:( I already have to pay 34,000euro in fees for 4 years.
    Why are there no supports in this country for people who are trying their hardest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,102 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I am trying hard to believe that I can actually start my course at Trinity in September. I was counting on being able to get the back to education assistance :(:( I already have to pay 34,000euro in fees for 4 years.
    Why are there no supports in this country for people who are trying their hardest?

Why do you have pay 34000 fees?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 25 SkunkyDoodle

I sent in my application last week, anyone know how long it takes to hear back?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Rocking_roxy

I sent in my application last week, anyone know how long it takes to hear back?

I would love to know this aswell. I sent my application in around the 10th July. I aws told they dont even look at them till august.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I'm kind of in a panic now! I was erroneously informed that I had to wait until my CAO offer to hand in the form. I have had it completed but didn't think I needed to hand it in yet - am I too late? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,102 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I'm kind of in a panic now! I was erroneously informed that I had to wait until my CAO offer to hand in the form. I have had it completed but didn't think I needed to hand it in yet - am I too late? :(

I'd hand it in asap

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Cydoniac wrote: »

I was told this by the social themselves, about a week before I got my offer I went in and they told me I needed to wait until I had accepted an offer first. they wouldn't accept my application until then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Have you looked at SUSI?
    And why did you pay 34,000?
    BTEA does cover course at the same level (unless you have been made redundant) or anything above a degree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I was told this by the social themselves, about a week before I got my offer I went in and they told me I needed to wait until I had accepted an offer first. they wouldn't accept my application until then.

That's what they said to me too - I'll hand it in today anyway.

Advertisement