Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on New TV

• 09-01-2015 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi guys,

So I've been looking for a new TV recently. Budget about 650/700 euro. Main uses would be gaming and movies/Netflix.

First one is the LG 50pb660v. This is a plasma screen and will probably be one of the last available plasmas to buy. I know there's a lot of people out there that don't like plasmas but I still think the picture on a decent plasma is much better than LCD/LED. Problem with buying this TV is it is going to cost me 400 pounds from an English website. Then further 125 pound for delivery to parcel motel in Northern Ireland. Then the parcel motel fee to get it down here.

50 inch TV with a shipping weight of 30KG. Not even sure how much parcel motel will charge me. Before the parcel motel charge it is going to cost me 670 euro.

Second TV I was looking at would be something like the Samsung Ue48h6400. Which would be a lot less hassle to buy. Around the same price.

So what do ye think? Anybody think the plasma might be worth the hassle and a good deal? Or is there better tvs for the price out there?

Thanks for your help! ☺

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Have a Samsung 6500 6 series myself and the picture quality, sound, connectivity, smart features and range of apps is just awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

The 6400 is one of my favourite tvs on the market. The 6670 is a step up from it with a better refresh rate and a satellite tuner if it's something you'd want in it

Advertisement