Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DN500 POINTS COMBINATIONS

Options
  • 09-01-2014 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi all,

This question has probably been asked alot but I can't figure out how entry to BA Arts works. Can anyone explain the process?

If your first preference is International Relations with History (DN500 HPO) how do you know how many points you will need to get this?

The TCD have a points matrix for their arts module TR001 so you have an idea how many points you will need to get in order to get a place on your chosen module combination but I can't find anything similar for UCD.

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

I'm almost sure the points are just 350 or whatever to get in, and once you're in it's first come first served. I know for things like International French etc it can be lower or higher but in those ones you can't drop the language, but in DN500 it's all the same, I think the CAO just makes you put those down so that someone else can't get them over you last minute (most people do a third subject when they actually start the course).

I might be slightly wrong though, my course is DN541 so I filled out a new form when I got accepted to pick my subjects, but i've never heard of points varying in arts or international commerce or anything with a variable aspect like that.

Advertisement