Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No leaving certificate question

Options
  • 12-11-2013 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Is it possible to get into college at ITB to do computer science without a leaving certificate?
    See, i left school at 15 without my junior or leaving and i'm now 21 and i only just did my junior this year in June and i have a chance to do the leaving aswell but it's 2 years and i'm not sure if i want to waste another 2 years of my life doing the leaving and id like to get into college now and do what i really want to do.
    please any advice would help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

eiredog wrote: »
    Is it possible to get into college at ITB to do computer science without a leaving certificate?
    See, i left school at 15 without my junior or leaving and i'm now 21 and i only just did my junior this year in June and i have a chance to do the leaving aswell but it's 2 years and i'm not sure if i want to waste another 2 years of my life doing the leaving and id like to get into college now and do what i really want to do.

Hmm you could wait some more years and apply as a mature student I think. Not sure if you can without the leaving, I simply don't know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭yoho139

Either do the leaving in a year (not likely, but it's been done) or just wait the two years and try to get in as a mature student.

You'd probably be best off contacting the Admissions Office in ITB and asking them what options are open to you. There may be a FETAC lvl5 course that is linked to your desired course that you can do instead :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

eiredog wrote: »

you could do a Post Leaving Cert course. FETAC Level 5 is what you are looking for. For the course you have in mind they may want a specific FETAC course or might accept a range of FETAC courses. As you don't have a Leaving Cert you would probably be required to do a maths module as part of the FETAC course.

Advertisement