Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"smart" tv

• 03-01-2015 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hi. My dad bought a smart sony tv, 52inch, Netflix 's, YouTube, internet. This has usb, hdmi and all the usual. Its limited to typing with the remote control which is a pain in the arse.
    I have tried connecting a keyboard, wired and wireless.
    All he wants is to be able to type using a wireless keyboard.
    This tv is only about 2 year old and I don't know the model number "yet" but I can get it.
    Is they a way of connecting a keyboard. Also my android will connect but only to stream.
    Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

A bluetooth keyboard will probably work. It will need pairing. Go through the menu and see if it has [Devices] and look for [Keyboard]. You probably need a mouse as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭steloide

A bluetooth keyboard will probably work. It will need pairing. Go through the menu and see if it has [Devices] and look for [Keyboard]. You probably need a mouse as well.

No options for Bluetooth. I think it's dead in the water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

There are apps available for smartphones and tablets available. You can effectively type into the TV using such an app from Sony.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

moved to Video Displays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Dazzling D

Why do you need a keyboard? Smart TVs aren't really designed for entering much text. Much more of a lean back situation than lean forward.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

To access the internet, you need to type.

To search for films on Netflix and the like you need to type.

To enter passwords, you need to type.

... etc. etc. etc.

You also might need a mouse.

Advertisement