Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blue Diamond TVs

• 17-03-2010 11:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭

Portable tv in the kitchen died today, after many years. Not even any point in trying to fix it, I don't think, 'cos it'd probably cost €50 or €60 minimum for anyone to even look at it.

Looking in the local shops and in DID - Blue Diamond TVs are available pretty cheap. No reviews to be found on line, so far anyway. Anyone know anything about them? Recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭stevek93

sorry for the late reply but might be useful to someone, mate has a few of them inthe house (works in musgraves gets them dirt cheap ;)) the picture is excellent for my liking tho the sound is VERY tinny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭peneau

For Info Purposes:

In the Golden Pages there is a repair chap in Harold's Cross, Dublin, that gives free repair quotes he's trustworthy too I've used him a couple of times on my CRT's he did a good job at a fair price, his first name's Jim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭stevek93

peneau wrote: »
    For Info Purposes:

In the Golden Pages there is a repair chap in Harold's Cross, Dublin, that gives free repair quotes he's trustworthy too I've used him a couple of times on my CRT's he did a good job at a fair price, his first name's Jim.
    ill try him so thx sisters telly is on the way out

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Trailblazer12

i recently bought a Blue Diamond 32" from a major retailer in Dublin. When I connected up the new TV (I have UPC cable) I found the picture fine, but the sound was defective. Not just tinny but some of sound range not audible at all. I brought it back to the retailer twice but on both occasions they said that they tested it and there was nothing wrong. They said that to please me they changed the speakers, but this made no difference at all when I brought it home. Other TVs (including a smaller Blue Diamond) work perfectly well for me, and when I brought my new TV to a neighbour's the defect was still there. They insist that the problem is the input.

I got a UPC technician out to check, and he said there was nothing wrong with the input - it had to be the TV itself. (The UPC technician gave the best description of the sound - he said it was like listening over an intercom from the next room, with a bad line.) He changed the box just in case, but it made no difference.

So now I am caught between the supplier and the cable company, both of whom deny responsibility for my problem. Has anyone else encountered this phenomenon, or have any advice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭flickarius

My Father has one of these and hasn't encountered this particular problem, though it is skipping a channel every time he does a Channel scan it skips channel 6 and he can't get UTV Ireland which is on that channel on the tv, (Not that he's missing much mind you!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭s_gr

I have the exact same problem with a blue diamond tv skipping Utv Ireland. Has anyone come across a fix for this. I have done a factory reset and still have the problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭flickarius

s_gr wrote: »
    I have the exact same problem with a blue diamond tv skipping Utv Ireland. Has anyone come across a fix for this. I have done a factory reset and still have the problems.

Yeah it's a strange one, must be a fault in them all! Maybe a TV repair service may be the only way to go.

Advertisement