Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW amarok brake wear sensors

Options
  • 31-08-2015 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi

Have a three year old Amarok and I'm thinking of changing the front pads myself . I have done similar before but not on this vehicle - I can't seem to see wear sensors and nothing up on dash lights either , anyone know for sure if the amarok has these? Checked out a you tube vid and didn't seem to show any...
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭shooter69

shooter69 wrote: »
    Hi

Have a three year old Amarok and I'm thinking of changing the front pads myself . I have done similar before but not on this vehicle - I can't seem to see wear sensors and nothing up on dash lights either , anyone know for sure if the amarok has these? Checked out a you tube vid and didn't seem to show any...
    Thanks

Anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

There is no need to "bump" the thread, its was still on the front page.

If you need to know right now then ring a dealer and ask.
    Check owner's manual.
    Pull tyres off and look.

Those cars are not common here and the chance someone with one will happen upon this thread between yesterday and today is small.

Fair enough so. I found out by ringing a dealer - normally I find they dont let out too much info but anyhow they dont have sensors which suits

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You should be ok without sensors. Just keep an eye on the pads.

Is this the video you saw?

biko wrote: »
    You should be ok without sensors. Just keep an eye on the pads.

Is this the video you saw?

Yep that's the one, will try them tmw, looks reasonably straightforward and seeing as pads were €33 and VW dealer was looking for €180 it's well worth it 😳

• Advertisement
Advertisement