Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Error on start - Cannot initialize directinput

• 08-03-2010 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

hiyas,

I'm stuck and pulling out my hair with this one. When launched, arma2 spits back this error. "Cannot initialize directinput" directx 8.

this is on a vistax64 system, I can post up dxdiags if necessary but i have installed dx9 and dx10 and ran the dxwebsetup from Microsfot. Trawling about the web i found a few solutions that have worked for ppl but are not working for me.

what i've done so far
    installed dx8redist
    installed dx9 Aug09, Dec09, Feb10
    disabled UAC
    tried running as admin
    made sure no other sound processes are running, just incase conflict.
    patched arma 1.05
    downloaded dx8vb.dll and installed/registered it
    downloaded dx8input.dll etc etc

any help would be appreciated.

thread on BISforums - did't help much.

further investigation seems that this error is not game specific, it happens in Lotro and other games. None of which i have installed btw.

thannks in advance
    Gavc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

No idea what You try there but I've had probs with the web directx installer before, best download the full package and run the setup.exe install from desktop
    click

• Registered Users Posts: 27 gavdownunder

think i found it, windows update not updating properly. says it's complete hasn't installed sp1 or 2 :) waiting to hear from MS. Free support on vista SP1 and 2 install issues. odd that :)

Gav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I don't try fix windows problems, ever, I just reinstall from scratch.
    Get Windows 7, it runs great

Advertisement