Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wah pedal?

Options
  • 28-10-2004 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

Looking into getting a wah pedal at the moment. Any suggestions on the best one?
    Dunlop would appear to be the kings. The Crybaby 535Q an JH-1 seem to be good models. Opinion in ibanez's weeping demon seem to be mixed. :confused:

(It would have to be true bypass too, wouldn't want anything leaching tone from my eggle. :D )

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭fitz

Vox all the way.
    Nicer sweep than the Dunlops...

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Zoton

Any particular models fitz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Morley Bad horsie is the king of all Wahs if you ask me. ive been through a few wah pedals in my time but the bad horsie is the business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭HusseinSarhan

Zoton wrote:
    ........wouldn't want anything leaching tone from my eggle. :D )

You certainly would not. I own an eggle too. Its a L.A. Pro (or might be Plus.... :rolleyes: ). Lovely guitar. What do you own eggle-wise. Fulltone and RMC make really good wahs apparantly. I haven't tried them out but sound clips are promising enough. Some dunlpos have a woefull bypass which can be modded to true bypass. This is a pretty good idea if already own one but if you want a T.B. pedal your best to go out and buy one with T.B. to begin with.

Its a berlin pro HT
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/24125/6740.jpg

Are any of the dunlop's True Bypass? And if they do is it an effective true bypass?
    Morley have a Tremonti sig wah, oh i must get that ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭HusseinSarhan

Zoton wrote:
    Its a berlin pro HT
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/24125/6740.jpg

Are any of the dunlop's True Bypass? And if they do is it an effective true bypass?
    Morley have a Tremonti sig wah, oh i must get that ;)

I dont know if dunlop do a true bypass wah. There standard models are definately not. Morley wahs are quite different to dunlops. what type of a wah sound are you going for ....hendrix/cream, Shaft/Funk or modern sound like Vai etc. For the older sounds I would reccommend fulltone, from the sound samples I have heard. For the funk stuff Snarling Dogs wahs are pretty good. For the modern stuff Morley do tremonti and Vai signatures. RMC do wahs for all sorts of sounds. I think That something like this would be perfect for most applications. Pricy but really good quality.

Click Here

You could get a really good deal on this, depending on how the bidding pans out. They dont cost ALL that much to ship either. Around €25 I'd imagine...?

Well good luck anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Seriously can't go wrong with the Bad Horsie for sharper wah sounds but the Voxes are brilliant for classic wah sounds. The BH is true bypass; don't know about the Voxes though.

I'd be looking more for an Adam Jones type sound. (As far as i know he uses a dunlop 535Q). Or maybe Sully Erna.
    In fairness Tremonti does have a pretty good sound, despite the cheesiness.
    I'd be avoiding Vai like the plague.

Advertisement