Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP WITH DYNACORD

Options
  • 02-06-2012 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I really hope someone can help me out here, and very much appreciate some expert advice
    for about 7/8 years now i have the dynacord P5 system on the road with my band
    just the two tops and 2 bins and never had an issue with it
    i would like to add the dynacord fx12`s midrange longthrow speakers to the system
    i even have an extra P5 POWERAMP to hand
    the fx12`s are quite expensive to purchase right now
    my question is , is there any cheaper, lighter on the pocket mid longthrow speakers
    i can use that will marry nicely with my system , that will really enhance and throw the sound further, ok
    i suppose you get what you pay for at the end of the day, but there`s got to be something out there
    or do i have to look out for the fx12`s as dynacord will only match to dynacord

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

The FX12 is designed to be used as part of the XA system, I don't know whether it can be integrated into legacy products like the P5 but where there's a will I'm sure there's a way. The FX12 doesn't have a pole mount AFAIK, so you need four subs (2 per side) to get them up above head height. Also, it weighs a mere 48kg. That's two man lift territory.

Now for the really boring bit....the concept of a "long throw" box is something of a misnomer. Sure it is designed to hit the back walls of a room but most boxes will if they are raised high enough. There is no magic way to make sound skip by the people at the front and reach the rear of the room. It will always be loudest closest to the source.

Similarly when you get into arenas and line arrays, they need to be hung from great heights to cover the distance and to achieve intelligibility, even then most venues use delay stacks and fills anyway. I guess all I'm saying is that a speaker is a speaker at the end of the day, how it's deployed and how an engineer gets the most from it is another issue entirely. But, to answer your original question, if I was looking at FX12's I'd be looking at the matching FX20 subs and do it properly.

For alternative products that are sold as "long throw" you can look at the HK Projector or Seeburg Acoustic Line's K2 system, but neither would have the market penetration that Dynacord have in Ireland (hence why you see them everywhere).

G'luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 matt86ie

Iwas actually talking to a sound engineer tonight at the gleneagle, doing sound for the harleys rock band and i told him my story, he said get my hands on a pair of F9`s and then look out for two more bass bins and that will do the trick, and just a few minutes ago i came across PFE 200`s on adverts .ie and thinking about going for these to start with , or am i wasting my time and money on them, all i want is to get the vocals shine out more over the band itself, even tonight i noticed when going down the floor with the radio mic the vocals were a little lost in the mix and i even turned up the gain but the clarity was not there, thanks ever so much for your quick reply

regards,
    matt

Advertisement