Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arma3

Options
  • 11-02-2010 4:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Ok Guys Arma2 seems just about perfect besides a glitchy single player before all the patches...
    But what would you like to see in Arma3, where could the improvements be made if any? What would you like to see in Arma3..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Bit early for that, the expansion pack, Operation Arrowhead is coming v soon, which has lots of new stuff and optimises the engine. All stuff will be backward compatible with Arma 2 and fixes and optimisations will be patched.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 rogerbravo

way to kill a thread :P Very true, i actually forgot about that.. But Arrowhead seems to build upon Amra2, few new helicopters and weapons. I know talk about Arma3 is crazy but the idea is to see what features you'd like to see improved or to be included in the game. What can Bohemia do to make it even better than Arma2.

For me i think the Ace Mod's really make Arma2 great. They include a whole range of features that i think Bohemia wont ever do.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Actually complete the game, fix all the animations and put in a decent physics engine.

Fairly sure if a tank hits a Humvee with its cannon the humvee wont just stop and go on fire. For the animations if i shoot someone with a M109 i expect them to be knocked back, not go "ahhhh and fall forward" same with damage from nearby explosions. Bascially finish it off.

But if you were shot you wouldn't go back, you may fall back but you could also fall forward. One of newtons law, don't remember which one, but its like if i shot you with a shotgun, your not going to go flying back, you pretty much just fall down in a heap...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

rogerbravo wrote: »
    But if you were shot you wouldn't go back, you may fall back but you could also fall forward. One of newtons law, don't remember which one, but its like if i shot you with a shotgun, your not going to go flying back, you pretty much just fall down in a heap...

If your shot with M109 with explosive rounds you arent going to go "uhhhhh " lean over and die. The hit animations are pathetic in the game for a realistic style game.

Shooting people while running is probably the only decent animation.

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I was curious about that myself. I think the consensus among the Arma community is it will be a long time. Hopefully not that long.

Bohemia's next new game is Carrier Command, which I can't wait for - it looks amazing and I loved the original. I expect that's where their attention will be focused for the next while.

Carrier Command looks alot like Janes Fleet Command... That was an excellent game...

With explosive rounds that's a different story all together then. But normal bullets wouldn't have you been blown back. I personally would like to see better squad planning on Amra3. Hard to do this if your planing with teamspeak kinda becomes redundant.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

rogerbravo wrote: »
    One of newtons law, don't remember which one, but its like if i shot you with a shotgun, your not going to go flying back, you pretty much just fall down in a heap...

Yeah, its Newton's first law of physics. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. So firing a round causes recoil for the shooter and assuming it was a point blank shot a similar amount of energy will be delivered to the target or in some cases more because most guns have muzzle breaks and recoil reducing devices to help divert the felt recoil energy away from the shooter.

But in saying that rounds lose energy over distance. The .50cal BMG round fired from an M107 will have the energy of a .44 Magnum at point blank range at around 1,500 metres. Give or take.

Advertisement