Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Godin Freeway Classic questions

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

There's nothing wrong with it as such, it's just s superstrat, but you could get a much better guitar for much less by looking around - I'd steer you towards http://www.chrisguitars.com/electric.html

For example

$375
    carvin-dc135-bl.jpg

$499
    carv96dc135-sb.jpg

$325
    kra86pacer-bl.jpg

$550
    peav-wolfspec-sb-dimarzio.jpg

They all leave that Godin in the dirt.

Edit -> In fact, I'd say that Carvin is the best deal I've seen in quite a while.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

How much is Chris Guitars paying you? And Carvin too!

Yeah, I know. The irony is, I've yet to buy anything from him (see 6 string bass sob story) but I've probably sold over 5 guitars on his behalf in the last few months. You just can't fault the ****er's prices. Same goes for Carvin, very little negative press out there, I mean $375 for a USA made neck through with a Kahler trem. Curse this ****ty country's rip-off economy!

Indeed...

How much is Delivery?

$200!!!!!
    espltd-m200-purp.jpg

• Advertisement

Tough cheese my friend. My mate Big Ken had that delivered to his door last Friday. Welcome to the "too late" club.

How big is Big Ken and where does he live?

Hmm, I'll just get a discount from the dealer in England.

I'm 6'3" and I call him Big Ken. He's in Blessington. He'd kill us both if such a whim possessed him. :D

I'll get the lads round. 6'2 and 6'4 :D

I'm only short :(

He bought the Iced Tea Les Paul a few months ago. His brother bought a Goldtop recently too from Chris. All in incredible condition.

• Advertisement

Bloody people with their bloody money. Give to Charities! Like Mo Phoco!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Amen. All these people live in Blessington and it's weird, I've never heard of any of them, and it's hardly the biggest place in the world.

Never mind hearing of them. I'd be disappointed not hearing them!!! Especially considering some of the amps they have!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

hmmm.... I don't know, I posted a thread ages ago asking about whether an Epiphone Les Paul would be a good buy and I was given a list of 10 or so better guitars that were around the same price. The Godin Freeway Classic was on that list. Later I saw a review for it in a magazine where it got 5/5 since although it looks like a Strat copy it has some "great distorted tones". And today I went into Music Maker and it was only €499! I tried it out and I like it. Thanks for the recommendations but I think I'll buy the Godin there.

EDIT: ****! that Carvin DC135 looks tempting - http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Carvin/DC135-01.html

EDIT2:OK I'm getting that Carvin! I did a search on google and found ppl quoting prices as high as US$1500 for it new!! €499 is a brilliant price!

Advertisement