Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playing Skyrim for the first time!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Finally! Mods installed, updated, plugins ordered and files cleaned.

Test run seems ok. Time to begin! :D

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Have you got the unofficial patches?

I do. Still got that glitch for some reason, which was very annoying. :mad: I knew I was going to have to start from scratch after that, so before I did, I did a full uninstall and reinstall of the game, then all my mods and patches and now it's working grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Well, I've been sick this week so basically have been playing Skyrim...a lot!

I did install one mod (aside from the unofficial path), called Realistic Water Two. But other than that, I'm not modding until I've played through one.

Really enjoying it! I have a follower now, Benor, who's pretty handy in a fight and makes a good pack mule when I need to cart a lot of loot around. Also considering marriage. Not to Benor though lol.

I'm hoping the sale on Steam for Legendary will last until I can afford it, I'd love to have the DLC's waiting in the wings for when I finish a playthrough, then I can play it again and have it be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭diegroblers

I'm hoping the sale on Steam for Legendary will last until I can afford it, I'd love to have the DLC's waiting in the wings for when I finish a playthrough, then I can play it again and have it be different.

I see Legendary is on Steam for €17.99. I should go down lower; I got it in the summer sales for €10.19.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 PaulDBKelly

Well, I've been sick this week so basically have been playing Skyrim...a lot!

I did install one mod (aside from the unofficial path), called Realistic Water Two. But other than that, I'm not modding until I've played through one.

Really enjoying it! I have a follower now, Benor, who's pretty handy in a fight and makes a good pack mule when I need to cart a lot of loot around. Also considering marriage. Not to Benor though lol.

I picked it up around September for 7€ or so through G2A! (If I remember correctly!) Never got around to playing it on PC other than loafing some graphics mods and playing a few minutes to see the detail! I've completed it multiple times on Xbox, but I've been on WoW a lot.. I really want to start it now!

Just curious, have you gone with any guilds? I remember my first play through, I started as a warrior and before I realised, I was walking into the Mages' College.. :D Fantastic game! Dangerously immersive, but each play through can be so different, it makes it feel like a different game!

Oh, and 'sick'..? That happened to me too... Coincidence..?

I see Legendary is on Steam for €17.99. I should go down lower; I got it in the summer sales for €10.19.

I will hold out for a better sale then! I don't exactly need it right this minute so it can wait. Thanks!
    I picked it up around September for 7€ or so through G2A! (If I remember correctly!) Never got around to playing it on PC other than loafing some graphics mods and playing a few minutes to see the detail! I've completed it multiple times on Xbox, but I've been on WoW a lot.. I really want to start it now!

Just curious, have you gone with any guilds? I remember my first play through, I started as a warrior and before I realised, I was walking into the Mages' College.. :D Fantastic game! Dangerously immersive, but each play through can be so different, it makes it feel like a different game!

Oh, and 'sick'..? That happened to me too... Coincidence..?

I've joined the Thieves Guild, but without really thinking it over. I was just doing stuff, getting things done and bam, before I knew it I had fallen in with the thieves. I'm not using magic so much so I doubt I'll join the mages, although I might have to in order to complete a quest or two. We shall see.

Mostly though, I just like going around bashing monsters, and hunting dragons. Elf SMASH! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,985 ✭✭✭paulbok

Just received the Anthology boxset in the post. Finish college next week so will be kicking back with some adventuring, until I take an arrow to the knee

• Registered Users Posts: 20 PaulDBKelly

I will hold out for a better sale then! I don't exactly need it right this minute so it can wait. Thanks!

I've joined the Thieves Guild, but without really thinking it over. I was just doing stuff, getting things done and bam, before I knew it I had fallen in with the thieves. I'm not using magic so much so I doubt I'll join the mages, although I might have to in order to complete a quest or two. We shall see.

Mostly though, I just like going around bashing monsters, and hunting dragons. Elf SMASH! :D

Nice! Maybe leave Mages' for another play through or till you've finished everything! I ended up being a '(Not Quite) Master of All Trades' so my combat didn't match the mobs and I got owned by a lot of things :/ Still great though! :D Every fight you get to decide what you want to do! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

Bought this yoke for £6 yesterday, hoping it'd the one game other than FIFA to get my attention... and it has! No idea what's going on really but it's enjoyable. I'll keep this thread for future needs...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Started playing this a fortnight ago and hooked now.
    Loving the thieves guild quests.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Legendary version of skyrim is on sale at the humble bundle store for around 18 right now if its of use to anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭diegroblers

Dr Bob wrote: »
    Legendary version of skyrim is on sale at the humble bundle store for around 18 right now if its of use to anyone

It should also be available from Steam for €10.19 in June. Usually the second last weekend of the month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Hi guys, so I was looking for a game for my ps3 and I decided to go with Skyrim legendary edition. Never played an elder scroll game in my life. Any n00b pointers or walkthrough sites I should bookmark?

Looking forward to giving it a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Side with Faendal in Riverwood in the Letter of Love Quest. He will become a follower. You can then pay him for his extortionate archery lessons and then rob all your money back off him with no consequences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Side with Faendal in Riverwood in the Letter of Love Quest. He will become a follower. You can then pay him for his extortionate archery lessons and then rob all your money back off him with no consequences.

Haha deadly! Thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Skyrim

you might need that for when you come across a difficult quest or ye know.. just because :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Don't bother with mods, just play the game and enjoy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Blasphemy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Heretic!

It's for ps3 so no mods anyway :P

Don't look at any guides and just go blind. Best experience is discovering everything :D

I highly recommend just exploring the world and getting into scrapes and discovering everything for your self. So. Much. Discovery!

Seriously, I'm over 300 hours in and only played about a third of the main quest. Too busy exploring! And having a blast!

Also, it helps to give your character a backstory and role play. Makes it challenging, keeps it interesting!

• Advertisement
Advertisement