Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good oul fella type pub in Donegal Town?

Options
  • 30-09-2014 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

Going to be staying in Donegal Town for a couple of nights next week, at the Donegal Manor B&B.

Is there a decent pub anywhere within walking distance of there? By decent I mean quietish oul lads type place with decent Guinness and no ****ty music blaring or Sky Sports etc? God this makes me sound so old...

Only going for a couple most likely so staggering distance probably wouldn't be too much of an issue on the way back...

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

The Manor is a fair bit outside the town centre, beyond Clar Roundabout on Ballybofey road. I reckon a taxi would be in order! Should be about a fiver or so.

The two that would spring to mind would be Mulreaney's on Main Street and maybe McCafferty's on the Diamond.

Other considerations may be Blue Stack Bar and The Forge, though depending on night, there might be a band (usually C&W) or TV on.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭The Assistinator

Going to be staying in Donegal Town for a couple of nights next week, at the Donegal Manor B&B.

Is there a decent pub anywhere within walking distance of there? By decent I mean quietish oul lads type place with decent Guinness and no ****ty music blaring or Sky Sports etc? God this makes me sound so old...

Only going for a couple most likely so staggering distance probably wouldn't be too much of an issue on the way back...
    Might be a bit too far for ya but about 5 miles the other way might be what your looking for biddys obarnes should be local taxis around but can be a bit loud at weekends.

byte

Forgot about Biddy's! Good suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

It's hardly within walking distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭overshoot

Wouldn't call forge music c&w more blues, and acoustic versions of classic rock.
    Cant beat it tho for a pint of Guinness!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭The Assistinator

Glenman wrote: »
    It's hardly within walking distance.
    hence why i told him distance and about taxi :rolleyes:

byte

Ach, the C&W element was more aimed at BLue Stack than Forge; poorly worded sentence!

Advertisement