Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Making an enclosure for a double DIN radio

• 04-05-2013 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I drive a 406 coupe and have a double din JVC in it for some time. The problem is the double din leaves about 3" gap above it that is unsightly.
    Is it possible to make something to fit in there and how hard/expensive would it be for a guy with minimal resources/experience?

Thanks for any help...
    J

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭kevin65

How deep is the gap? Maybe you could get a CD holder to fit? Otherwise you could make a pocket for general storage. If there was a panel there already, could you use that to make the surround?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,463 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Where has the radio been fitted? Does a double din fit in place of the existing radio? - Bottom panel in the dash?
    w8x21i.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

I actually inherited the placement. Previous owner fudge.
    It is where the radio was, but its bigger than the previous radio so he cut out the bottom rim and jammed it in there. Rough looking.
    Its about 3 inches and crosses the width of the centre console there...

Any idea's? I would have to make something. Or else cut out some plastic maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,463 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I was going to say you could take the face off the original radio, cut out shape of new one and so use the old face to fill around the new radio, maybe filling any holes and wrapping it after.
    If I understand you right, the last owner has cut the bottom out of the dash centre console. Sounds like a massive butchering job was done.
    Any pics?

Advertisement