Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Indicator Cover?

Options
  • 02-05-2013 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭

Hi,

I drove into a tree this morning and broke the plastic that covers the indicator. Can this be replaced without buying a whole new headlight section. (Sorry, I don't know the proper terms...)

(It's a 1999 Subaru Forrester)

Can anyone tell me what it's likely to cost and how long it might take to fix? NCT is in six days. :eek:

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yes, it's a separate housing for the indicator.
    Not too difficult to swap.

Use partfinder.ie to find breakers in your area. You might find something on ebay too.

If you can't get it in time for nct just tape the housing with duct tape and put it through. It will fail on the broken ligth but it will be a free visual retest.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

Biko, you're a superstar. Thanks a mil.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

Had test today and failed as expected. But not for my duct-taped up indicator, for four different things. I don't know if he just ran out of space on the form, or if he assumed I knew it needed replacing or if he really didn't notice...but anyway. Need to weigh up the cost of the repairs against the cost of changing cars.
    Maybe I'll win the lotto before the re-test date :)

Thanks again for your help.

And huge thanks to anyone on this forum who's ever mentioned Mick's Garage. They were fantastic for wipers. Insanely fast, free delivery. Really recommend them.

Advertisement