Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Today I saw...

• 28-04-2008 1:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭

Prompted on by Klong's ingenious idea in the thread about the library's raging inferno (or lack thereof, rather), I'm now going a little further than he did. Why he stopped with just the suggestion, I don't know: it's easy to create a thread!

So, something not far off G-Soc's Assassin game, we'll have our own online Boardsie version...

It's pretty simple: Tell us where and when you spotted a Boardsie.

The Points Scheme
    • 10 points for an accurate sighting (need time/place) of a fellow Boardsie and if he/she did not spot you.
    • 8 points for the first Boardsie to post if both spotted each other.
    • 5 points for the second Boardsie to post if both spotted each other.

The Rules:
    • You cannot post a sighting if it was a pre-arranged meeting e.g. BULBs, lunch, me seeing Sceptre during handover in June. :p
    • You must post an accurate time, place and, if possible, description of clothing of the Boardsie you spotted.
    • Photos, etc., do not count... It must be a physical sighting of a Boardsie.
    • Co-habiting Boardsies are excluded from listing sightings of each other, unless it's external to their abode and during the course of their normal daily routine in which they would not normally see one another.

This could be a fun procrastination method during ex*m study... Come on, it's my last ex*m period, I need to have decent procrastination methods for the last time! :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Spotted myself in the Mirror this morning, I recon my reflection didnt see me !

Time 8am,
    Location my Bathroom
    Clothes, thats the strange think, he was wearing the exact same outfit ! he looked really good ! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Pics or it didn't happen.

Actually, just to test it out, I'll arse around campus for a while tomorrow with my PSG shirt that has "cson 9" on the back. (Thats a football jersey for the bridies amongst us)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

I was away all weekend so I'm only catching up with things on Boards again in work. :cool:

To avoid bringing the thread off topic, I'll be good.

I met: Sceptre and Vuk
    When: Friday 25th April

I met Rmcm, Petee and the Don also over the weekend in Thurles, but I'm assuming it doesnt count on here as it was a planned weekend on the booze :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Im at an unfair advantage being all the way over here!:(

Well I keep asking you to come over this side, but you keep shunning my offers ;)

Oh I know...no means no:cool:

• Advertisement

Mossin wrote: »
    Oh I know...no means no:cool:
    You're catching on!

Right, so I'm thinking..I should start off at 100points. Great, thanks!
    Oh yey, I'm winning!:p

I met Rmcm, Petee and the Don also over the weekend in Thurles, but I'm assuming it doesnt count on here as it was a planned weekend on the booze :D:D

Have to say I thought Hayes was a right spot. Good nightclub. Did yiz go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

cson wrote: »
    Have to say I thought Hayes was a right spot. Good nightclub. Did yiz go?

Indeed we did on Friday night. You are mistaken it's on the list of places that one should restrict their visits to. I think I'll have to create a rule for Hayes perhaps a once per decade visit and given that Friday night was my 2nd visit this decade it'll be a good 20 years before I go again (if I'm still here in 20 years).

I always thought Hayes was good craic, granted I've only been there a couple of times and I was wasted both times.

Strange thing; I was actually on my way to Thurles Friday night but had to turn back cos something came up at home. That woulda been weird meeting ye in Hayes (You'd recognise The Don from a mile off :p)

Yeah you would!! :p

Its a good thing that you disnt see us in Hayes' though......
    What happens in Thurles stays in Thurles :cool:

• Advertisement

Yeah you would!! :p

Its a good thing that you disnt see us in Hayes' though......
    What happens in Thurles stays in Thurles :cool:

That is a right one. Really mad I answered my phone now, I shoulda just ploughed onto Thurles. Shizer.

Dont worry young CSON there will be plenty of nights to stumble across me langered somewhere....Then you can post away here

That is a right one. Really mad I answered my phone now, I shoulda just ploughed onto Thurles. Shizer.

And I'm sure I'll pay a visit to Limerick at some stage when the next semester starts and you'll get to spot me in all my drunken glory (or lack thereof) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

I always thought Hayes was good craic, granted I've only been there a couple of times and I was wasted both times.

Strange thing; I was actually on my way to Thurles Friday night but had to turn back cos something came up at home. That woulda been weird meeting ye in Hayes (You'd recognise The Don from a mile off :p)

Once is enough to be in that place. The barn at home is better.

Nice to know I'm easy to spot I suppose. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

So yeah, piss of with yer Thurles talk lads.

There's a game to be played ffs :rolleyes:

kaimera wrote: »
    So yeah, piss of with yer Thurles talk lads.

There's a game to be played ffs :rolleyes:

OoOoO someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed...

Seriously though, Hayes isn't that bad, you could do a lot worse.

On topic, I'm heading down for the paper in 5 mins and I'll be wearing my cson 9 PSG shirt, so thats a heads up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

I'm locked away in a room far from humanity (ok in the SU) and I'm not planning on emerging until I have this damn essay done so there'll be no BlueDolphin Watching today, folks. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

noone knows what i look at.. mwhwahaha.. now to just try find out what all ye look like to spot ye

I propose bonus points for pics [else it didnt happen ;)]

Date stamp on of course if digital camera. I also have methods to find out if the camera phone pic was doctored... :)

Kai, your very obsessed about pics!! Ever think about ditching that nerd career of yours and go into photography?! Just a suggestion..:D

• Advertisement

Boardsie: Klong
    Where: Library; top floor at the corner between history section and Journals.
    When: This evening, just before 9pm.
    Wearing: Um...navy hoody with yellow strips on the sleeve; an O'Neill's one possibly...:o

Boo yeah got there first Klong! :D

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    Kai, your very obsessed about pics!! Ever think about ditching that nerd career of yours and go into photography?! Just a suggestion..:D
    Got myself a nice big cam so ya need not worry about me! :)

First set of points to Bluedolphin! Kudos!

You have a cam?! Hmmm..poor school going kids in uniform in Iran is all I gota say!:pac:

Edit/: Doubt they have uniforms over there actually!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

The fire alarm just went off in my building. Instead of thinking 'Oh know, a fire!', I thought 'Oh yes! I might get to see aoife2k and get some points' but she wasn't there, as far as I know. Sigh.

At least only one person on here knows what I look like so I'll never get caught, haha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

None of you know who i am muuhhahaha no points from me for ye all

ergonomics wrote: »
    At least only one person on here knows what I look like so I'll never get caught, haha!

I'll get you, don't you worry! :D

Yeah, to be fair no one knows what I look like either. Phewww says I!:D
    Saw Peteee at the bus station about a year back..
    Saw Rory in the lodge few weeks ago...well his twin!:D
    Met Sceptre in O'Mahoneys but I was chatting to him.
    That's about it..

Yeah, to be fair no one knows what I look like either. Phewww says I!:D

Oh yes we do and I do believe you've posted a pic some where.
    Saw Rory in the lodge few weeks ago...well his twin!:D

Omnipresence is great isn't it :D

I'v a pic about?! Hmmm..not to my knowledge I don't!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I'll get you, don't you worry! :D

Oh no you won't. I won't let it happen. I was in the SU earlier and was keeping an eye out for you so I could hide!

You could just look in the mirror and screw up your eyes a bit to distort the reflection and say you saw me. Hey, that's an idea... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Boardsie: Klong
    Wearing: Um...navy hoody with yellow strips on the sleeve; an O'Neill's one possibly...:o

Boo yeah got there first Klong! :D

Doh!

edit: better get my claim for 5 points in...
    Boardsie: bluedolphin
    Wearing: I was in the "I'm going home" zone, but I did spot glasses...

Did I see a letter by ergonomics in An Focal today?

I'v a pic about?! Hmmm..not to my knowledge I don't!:confused:

Aye you do on the Who is who in UL + Pictures! thread as far as I remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Who: Sceptre
    Where: My Car
    When: about 45 mins ago

ergonomics wrote: »
    Oh no you won't. I won't let it happen. I was in the SU earlier and was keeping an eye out for you so I could hide!

You could just look in the mirror and screw up your eyes a bit to distort the reflection and say you saw me. Hey, that's an idea... :D

I'll get you. Don't worry. I'm determined now. *looks up ergonomics' ex*m timetable to see where she'll be...* :eek:

But I like your second idea. I could just take off my glasses and look in the mirror and it could be you...until...until...wait, what's that shiny thing in the centre below my lip? A labret stud? When did ergonomics get that done?! Wow! :D
    ninty9er wrote: »
    Who: Sceptre
    Where: My Car
    When: about 45 mins ago

Hmmm...this is debatable as to whether it counts; it was clearly arranged. :p Cheater! (Unless of course you returned to your car and Sceptre was just sitting in it, in which case I would be slightly disturbed and more concerned about that than playing the game...)

Ooh, F_M, heads up: I'll be in Mary I library in the morning! Won't be there for long though, just getting some books and heading over to *cough* the real university *cough, cough* ;)

Hmmm...this is debatable as to whether it counts; it was clearly arranged. :p Cheater! (Unless of course you returned to your car and Sceptre was just sitting in it, in which case I would be slightly disturbed and more concerned about that than playing the game...)

Ooh, F_M, heads up: I'll be in Mary I library in the morning! Won't be there for long though, just getting some books and heading over to *cough* the real university *cough, cough* ;)

Eh, the words pot, kettle and black spring to mind. :pac:

Yiz had your chance to see me today. T'is gone now. And only Mossin and bluedolphin know what I look like. :cool:

• Advertisement

rmacm wrote: »
    Aye you do on the Who is who in UL + Pictures! thread as far as I remember.
    As far as I remember I took that down donkeys ago..

First off, don't dis my college when you getting books out of it missy..for I know you could be depriving me of an education-I might want them books you know!:D
    2nd: How do you get into our library may I ask? We've moved up in the world with regards to technology, we've installed electronic gate things that only open when you swipe your student card.
    3rd: I won't see you im afraid. Havn't stepped foot in the library all year. Have an exam aswell..:(

Eh, the words pot, kettle and black spring to mind. :pac:
    Eh I wasn't arranging to meet her; I was just giving her a tip-off that I'd be there. Much like you informing us of your named apparel this afternoon, good sir, or should I call you kettle? :p
    First off, don't dis my college when you getting books out of it missy..for I know you could be depriving me of an education-I might want them books you know!:D
    Want books on the origins and development of the Irish welfare state and social policy?
    Fast_Mover wrote:
    2nd: How do you get into our library may I ask? We've moved up in the world with regards to technology, we've installed electronic gate things that only open when you swipe your student card.

Yeah noticed that the last time. Pity UL couldn't grow some brains and follow suit. Anyhow, stand there and pitifully use my UL ID and then some hapless Mary I person will let me in out of frustration standing behind me. :pac: Don't know why they won't allow UL cards to work considering we have accounts there and can borrow books. Sillies.
    Fast_Mover wrote:
    3rd: I won't see you im afraid. Havn't stepped foot in the library all year. Have an exam aswell..:(

Unlikely I'll be there for long anyway. All those wimmins intimidate me :pac:

Good luck in the exam! :)

Want books on the origins and development of the Irish welfare state and social policy?
    Why coincidentally enough I do!!:p
    Yeah noticed that the last time. Pity UL couldn't grow some brains and follow suit. Anyhow, stand there and pitifully use my UL ID and then some hapless Mary I person will let me in out of frustration standing behind me. :pac: Don't know why they won't allow UL cards to work considering we have accounts there and can borrow books. Sillies. :)
    I don't know why we have such a system, I mean our library is fecking tiny. Though I still get lost as I'm never in there much.:D
    There was one week of activation back at the start of Feb..if you had brought your card over at that time your card would have been registered. My exam is down in the gym at 12.30 so will be around the college at about 12..if you'v any problems/no Mary I'er is willing to let you in, I'd be more than happy to help, but you've probably have been and gone.

Good luck in the exam!
    Thanks. Unfortunately I can't sleep!:(

Yiz had your chance to see me today. T'is gone now. And only Mossin and bluedolphin know what I look like. :cool:

Indeed I do...although its hard for me to catch anyone as I am away from 8-5 each day on co-op. I can be spotted near Dromroe at 7:30 each morning awaiting a lift though...But I'm sure that ye are all still cozy in bed at that early hour

@ Bluedolphin....
    Would this extract from a certain website be a description of you?
    I'm a grammar and spelling fascist and I'm not ashamed of it. So there.

I love penguins and orange lucozade. Not sure which one I prefer. Get back to me.

You may call me Aoife, The Chief, Breenie or Chief Breenie. "Hey, you're Fintan's sister, aren't you?" is completely unacceptable form of salutation and will result in me exploding into a tantrum that could cause embarrassment for all parties involved. We don't want that now, do we? No. There's a good lad."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Hey Bluedolphin is Fintans sister isnt she, and if the rumours are correct her dad gave me lectures in first year. Quick everyone compare her to her family:p

• Advertisement

@ Bluedolphin....
    Would this extract from a certain website be a description of you?
    Yes, but it's old and I've updated it now so don't know how you have the old version *cough* stalker *cough*

It now reads:
    I'm a grammar, spelling and punctuation fascist and I'm not ashamed of it.

I answer to the following: Aoife, Aoifs, Breenie, Chief, Chiefie, Chief Breenie, Beeeenieeeee (followed by a slapping of the forehead with an open palm).
    ...Because I don't care about Fintan anymore as he is a Used-To-Be and no one knows him. He now suffers in my shadow and is frequently referred to as, "Aoife's Brother". :p
    cooperguy wrote: »
    Hey Bluedolphin is Fintans sister isnt she, and if the rumours are correct her dad gave me lectures in first year. Quick everyone compare her to her family:p

It is quite possible that Daddy Bluedolphin lectured you. If it was a biology-related module or something. I don't understand science. :p

My mother always feels left out. Here's a shout out to her, poor woman, living in a family of UL celebrities (ahem), "HEY MOM". :pac:

Yes, but it's old and I've updated it now so don't know how you have the old version *cough* stalker *cough*

I'm not a stalker...Well no recent activity to report. I just stumbled across the description on a certain social networking application this morning, and I thought holy **** it couldnt be...btw, it was a nice pic ;):pac:

I'm not a stalker...Well no recent activity to report. I just stumbled across the description on a certain social networking application this morning, and I thought holy **** it couldnt be...btw, it was a nice pic ;):pac:

Strange, though, cos I changed that aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago. As soon as I got rid of my inferiority complex. .

So it's quite possible I've since changed that pic as well, was it a Photoshopped one with me sticking out my tongue? Why is the old stuff still on view? Hmmm... Facebook, right?

Yeah it was on Facebook...
    I have no idea why it hasnt changed, I do believe you had your tongue out indeed.
    Its amazing what you can find on there...:rolleyes:
    Stupid thing tbh

Yeah it was on Facebook...
    I have no idea why it hasnt changed, I do believe you had your tongue out indeed.
    Its amazing what you can find on there...:rolleyes:
    Stupid thing tbh

K so it has the updated photo of me but still has old information. Strange. :rolleyes:

And btw, to stay on topic before Kai lashes out with his cruel lashing-out-mod stick, it doesn't count for the game to see me on Facebook! :p :pac:

Damn it!!

It was worth a try though :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Where: Library; going down the stairs at 1st floor
    When: This afternoon, around 1430
    Wearing: A stripey tshirt of some sort or other

klong wrote: »
    Where: Library; going down the stairs at 1st floor
    When: This afternoon, around 1430
    Wearing: A stripey tshirt of some sort or other

It's not stripey! I question your sighting, sir! :pac: Although the where and when are probably accurate...

Boardsie: ergonomics
    Where: Library; social science and language aisle
    When: Just now: c. 19:40
    Wearing: Black jeans, black cardi, hair tied back...

GOTCHA :D

Wearing: Black jeans, black cardi, hair tied back...

keep going...I'm almost there...*pants*

• Advertisement
Advertisement