Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Library Extension

Options
  • 15-10-2014 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

For any of ye that were following Budget 2015, we've been promised the money for the new library extension! The university have had planning permission for a year or two now so this should get under way soon. It probably won't be built in our time but it's great to know that future students won't have to queue up at 7 in the morning and race in, a la Hunger Games style
    In addition, three universities will benefit from €20 million in capital investment projects. These comprise €10 million for the library at the University of Limerick, €7 million for a new human-biology building at NUI Galway and €3 million for the construction of the new Confucius Institute at UCD.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Anybody know where they'll be putting the extension of the library? I assume it would be built on the green at the back towards the Computer Science Building?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Anybody know where they'll be putting the extension of the library? I assume it would be built on the green at the back towards the Computer Science Building?

Probably. There's an artist's impression at http://www2.ul.ie/web/WWW/Services/Buildings_and_Estates/Capital_Projects but it doesn't give much away.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Tockman

I think it will extend out towards the main road!

Advertisement