Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The late night sessions track question

• 31-01-2015 5:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi,

Last night i was driving home from work listening to 2fm and a track came on after the 3am news and i am trying to find the name of it. It was In The Beginning There Was Jack mixed with another track. If anyone was listening at this time and knows the the track name could you tell me please.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,144 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

thelad84 wrote: »
    Hi,

Last night i was driving home from work listening to 2fm and a track came on after the 3am news and i am trying to find the name of it. It was In The Beginning There Was Jack mixed with another track. If anyone was listening at this time and knows the the track name could you tell me please.
    where to start. plenty of tracks with that sample. if you could give us more details of the track we might be able to help.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭thelad84

All i can say is it was the first track after the 3am news. It was Jack had a Groove mixed with another track. If you go to 2fm and listen to late night sessions 31st January and go to 01:02 the track starts then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

Thats "Fingers Inc . can you feel it"- 1988 Www.plus2.info is where tracklists are.

telecinesk wrote: »
    Thats "Fingers Inc . can you feel it"- 1988 Www.plus2.info is where tracklists are.

No that's not it the track behind it is different. I think the track was on the BillyScurry show maybe he mixed it with another track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

that is the track played, the mix could be one of many as it's been remixed and re-released over and over since.
    Why not contact 2fm ? it has to be logged anyhow.

• Advertisement

that is the track played, the mix could be one of many as it's been remixed and re-released over and over since.

I'll do that thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 chef without a plane

Not necessarily logged i'm afraid. My understanding would be that all music played on a show would need to be logged. However this appears to be a recording of Billy Scurry's set from last years Electric Picnic so a full tracklist wouldn't be required. This is more than likely a case of permission being given by both Bacardi and Billy ahead of the set for RTE to record and later to broadcast.

Could be worthwhile trying to contact Billy himself via twitter or FB for the track ID?

Advertisement